SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people were interested in seeing my silver ATS Comp Lites, and I promised them some pics of what I had.

FWIW, the story so far:

- Installed 300/200 Hyperco Gen2s on AGX, front and rear STBs, rear ES bushings. Went autocrossing, and the 14" Azenis felt lacking, especially up front.
- The next weekend, a guy backed into my fender, and I got a modest settlement. Bought a junkyard fender for $35, leaving money to burn.
- Ordered a set of ATS Comp Lites in silver, and had two mounted with 15" Azenis for an experiment in tire staggering.
- Went autocrossing today, and the extra grip up front is fantastic. Something to tide me over until I can get sways.

Eh, too many wheels:

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought four wheels, but two are sitting bare in the box. I'll mount some Azenis on them once I get some swaybars.

The two autocrosses I've done this year were both tight courses on smallish sites, so understeer was more of a problem. I'll have a more open course once my home region gets its season going in March, so I'll see how 15/14" Azenis staggering works there. For science. :D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
How did the the stagger work out? Also any plans on getting rid of those nx wheels?

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
are those the new azenis or current style now? looks good though.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some impressions of the staggering experiment I posted a while back:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=65043&page=2

More briefly, don't bother. :tongue:

I mounted all four for a divisional, and loved them ever since. They get a lot of praise at autocross events. No wonder everyone sold out of them.

I've held on to my NX2k wheels and Azenis as for track lapping. Not as grippy as the 205/50-15 Azenis, but good to rag on.

are those the new azenis or current style now? looks good though.
Old. They're the RT-215's.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Wow the alternate view really makes the wheels look good on the car. Thanks for the pics man. I wanted to see what the wheels would look like on a classic with hyperco's. I'll probably pick up a set in black.

·
Carving Corners
484 Posts
Those also look a lot like the BBS RK's. Slick wheels indeed.
i was going to say that. i see many saab aero's running around with these mounted. good looking wheel, especially on european cars. nice pickup

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I love newer BBS wheels. A shame they're so expensive. The Comp Lites were a steal at about $400/set shipped from Discount Tire Direct. I would be tempted to get another set for the street if they still sold them.

93BlackSE-R said:
what offset did you get?
+35mm. It's the offset to get if you plan on stuffing Azenis on the back of a Classic with a 15x7" wheel.

A lower offset would make you have to roll the fender lip a lot more aggressively, and higher offset would make the Azenis rub the strut body. I've had very minor problems with both at +35mm.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That pic of the BMW, well it is not an M3. What size do you run on the nx wheels, tires that is.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could have fooled me. We'll just call it a hot E36, then.

The only 14" Azenis you can buy is 195/60-14. Stupid size. It throws off the speedo a bit.

Look for a 185/60-14 in the new Azenis RT-615 later in 2005. I wish they'd offer a 205/40-14 or something useful for motorsports, but I don't make the tires.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Damn it! Gperformance and discounttire both replied to me that they're out of the black.

EDIT: JUst got the last set from discount tire!!!!!!! HAhaha nice. Some guy had them on layaway for two months.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Want to know something funny?

If you go to Google and type in "ats comp lites" and click "I'm Feeling Lucky," you get this thread.

SR20Forum > The Internets

1 - 20 of 23 Posts