SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
boost virus infects me
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were is the plug for the rear o2 sensor? :confused: :confused: I had to splice the wires and cut the new plug off to connect them. Now I am throwing the rear oxygen sensor CEL again :mad: :mad: WHAT THE F-CK!!! Sorry, venting over.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
no under the car... about midway... If you have the stock exhaust on then it will be in your cat... should be under the driver's seat under the car... a black rubber grommet holds the sensor out... You'll see it... I'm not sure I have any under car pics from my car but if you need more help I can get some pics for you...

Cheers-
Erich

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cujo_se-r said:
Where under the driver seat? The only plug i see under the seat is that for the seat bealt. Is it under the carpet?
IIRC, yes, it's under the carpet. There should be a cutout in the carpet to expose the plug. The wiring then does travel through a rubber grommet in the floor and outside the car to the sensor. Hope this helps. :biggthump

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Cujo_se-r said:
wow thats weird because there is no plug by the grommet. Very strange.
That may be why you are getting the CEL.

·
Registered
111 Posts
FYI: You're throwing a cel for o2 sensor because the sensor uses <1V signal to determine rich/lean condition and 1 ohm of resistance in the circuit, from bad splice or whatever, will cause the sensor to send a faulty reading. In future, NEVER cut and splice an oxygen sensor. Always get one with a connector attached that will fit your car.

·
boost virus infects me
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nova73guy said:
FYI: You're throwing a cel for o2 sensor because the sensor uses <1V signal to determine rich/lean condition and 1 ohm of resistance in the circuit, from bad splice or whatever, will cause the sensor to send a faulty reading. In future, NEVER cut and splice an oxygen sensor. Always get one with a connector attached that will fit your car.
Thanks for the info. That would make sence.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
nova73guy said:
What about us guys with turbo setups were you have to extend the wires. I never had a problem once.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
Wicked R said:
Thats why you use the 300zx one because it comes with a longer extended wiring... By searching you would have learned this...
Cheers-
Erich
Im no newbie i always search http://www.se-r.net/engine/swap/ I was just proving my point that you can lenthen the harness with no consequences.

·
solo swappa
128 Posts
twisted200ser said:
Pull the grommet out and the plug will follow.
what he said^

the wires on my rear o2 were mangled and wrapped in electrical tape (?). i tried rewiring w/ wire nuts (works for stereo shyt, what the h3ll), but this did not help, still caused the ECU to throw the rear 02 code.

new rear 02, no check engine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.