SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Custom Fabricator
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in my '03 Accord and merge onto the Belt coming from JFK going towards Brooklyn about 11:30pm last night and I couldn't go to the middle lane because I see a blue EVO, a Prelude and a Focus ( moving fairly decent) coming. I stayed in the right lane for 20sec or so (I was doing about 60) then I merged to the middle lane. I then heard something coming from behind me, checked the rear-view, and it was a yellow B14 with a black hood.......... it could have been a Spec-V but I didn't notice. He dipped infront of me then wifey said " Wow that guy is in a hurry!"
Before I said anything they all took off. I was like wow, the EVO is handling! Redlights were criss-crossing in the distance. I was saying to wifey "imagine that used to be me many years ago!" Traffic was not that heavy but it wasn't too light either. After I passed the exit for the N Conduit/Linden Blvd and I reached on top of the 'lil hill I saw double blinkers in the distance. I was like "wow, someone broke down!" I got to the flat, (where the rail is off to the right, bout 500yds) then I began to dodge a bumper support, fog light parts, and body debris on the road. Someone crashed! I was hoping it was'nt one of the racers.............but damn!! .........there was the yellow B14 in the bushes. Looked like he clipped something and spun. From what I could see he had no front lights (they were broken) so he must have hit the railing. About 1/8 of a mile up I see like this Dodge Van pulling over so I'm like he's stopping to help. I then noticed what looked like a piece of the yellow bumper skin hanging off the front of the van. I was like "sh*t!" I looked for the other cars but I did'nt see them. By that time I was approaching Erskine exit then I saw mad taillights in the distance.........construction on the Spring Creek bridge. I got off on Erskine and there was the EVO, Focus and Prelude (not sure it was a Prelude though). We stopped for the light then made a right. The EVO & Co. made a U-turn which indicated that they went back to check on the B14. I hope those guys were OK. I saw at least 2 ppl standing outside the B14 so I'm assuming they were OK.

IDK if it's anyone on here but this goes to show that it could of been worse. Street racing does not pay! I used to do it. Thank God I never got into an accident. Guys just think of the innocent parties! Can you live with hurting or paralysing someone for life? Think about it and please be careful. PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP IT ON THE TRACK. Want to go fast in corners....join SCCA or something. Do an Autocross. The Corvette Club has them in the Summer or just Goolge it!

GUYS........ BE SAFE OUT THERE!

P.S. I know the owner (guy from transit)of the other yellow Spec-V with the BBK that Vinny did so I don't think it's him that crashed.

·
Kicking it over @ g20.net
385 Posts
i was talking to the guy who crashed on tristatetuners.com.....it was a yellow spec v with a CF hood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts