SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put my ebay 'se-r' glow gauges in. Purty cool gauges since they say se-r and I like the white background, but the glowing color part is kinda gay. Owell.

Anyway...when I put them in I somehow broke my RPM gauge needle. Now I don't know when to shift when I'm racing. I can shift daily driving just fine cuz I just go by sound and feel on that one. I want to go to the track but I don't know when I should shift ... aka 7100 RPM redline jerk crap. Don't wanna hit that.

So if anyone can help. I just need to know about what 6800RPM-7100RPM = in MPH for each gear up to 3rd...cuz 4th you can top out the governor anyway.

Plus I have 17's...so I need someone with 17's to do it since the MPH are a bit off!

Thanks

JasonQ

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have pics. Just my dad won't ****ing send them to me. He sent me pics of **** I already sold. It's getting purty ****ing gay. I need my own computer again and a digi cam.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the knob has this lil black thing inside of it. he came with a bunch. you screw it into the knob then it slips over the shifter...no need for screwing it on...universal type i guess.

and no the ss has never been used.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sure. i dont give **** anymore. i got bills up the ass from not working for 3 1/2 weeks...um, oops.

gonna paypal it? i'll ship it out monday if ya do.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
so what about the rpms = mph thing? my speedo starts at 50 mph, so i never have any idea how fast im goin. I know 4000 rpms in 5th is around 80

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I since I don't have a working tach, I don't know when to shift before redline. So, I'm most likely shifting to early. I want to go to the track next week but I most likely won't have a tach in time. So, whatever is the speed is at about 6800-7100 (redline, time to shift) thats what I need to know. So I can watch that instead of the broken tach that just sits there...

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
97SE-R C2 said:
It does not matter if you have 17's. What matters is the heighth of the tires you have.
Well my rims are about 1/2 taller than stockers on 205/55's or 50's...or whatever. I don't remember. My speedo is off compared to other people's so I just thought that might be it. My friend had 17's and his speedo ended up being like 5mph or something. I just figured it was the same...

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
Well my rims are about 1/2 taller than stockers on 205/55's or 50's...or whatever. I don't remember. My speedo is off compared to other people's so I just thought that might be it. My friend had 17's and his speedo ended up being like 5mph or something. I just figured it was the same...

If you tell us the size of your tire, IE 215/40/17, then we could put it in a wheel error convertor and figre out what the exact error is versus what mine is with 205/50/15, etc.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I need redline limits! I can drive the car just fine, I just need the redline speeds so I can shift without a tach...anyone??

·
Formerly 93veilside240sx
844 Posts
I've got 17s wrapped with Nitto 205/40ZR17s, but they're not on the car right now, i'm running my studded tires on the stock 14s...Once all the snow and **** melts in the summer I'll be able to tell you though, lol...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts