SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this possible to do with an safc and bb ecu {bb ecu, safc, 300zxtt maf and bigger side feed injectors}, what injectors could i use (side feed, oem replacement style) how big of injectors? (cc) do i need a regulator? turn up the pressure to 4 bar? what hp numbers could hypothetically be accomplished? will it run good?
-seth
[email protected]

also, were avoiding jwt at this time (money)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
By the time you plunk down for a SAFC and a BB ecu....you're more than halfway to a JWT ecu. If you're running a T25 or T28...then the 300ZX MAF and larger injectors are a waste of time, IMHO.

A JWT ecu at 4-bar with 370cc injectors is a hard combination to beat, and runs very smoothly. Just an observation.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
SAFC im my opinion is for the people that have to know whats going on with there car like me, and that like to monitor and change if need be how much fuel my car is getting and not just really on ECU which doesn;t tell me to much at all.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Lets not turn this into a S-AFC vs JWT thread. Just give your opinions. I know the debate has not started but just giving warning.

I feel that both methods are good but, I do prefer JWT. If you just want a plug and play go for the JWT. I say the JWT is more streetable from the get go but, a properly tuned S-AFC car will aslo run very well. Just do your research and determine what you prefer.

Also to answer your question yes you can use the S-AFC with a BB ECU and bigger injectors and a different MAF. It just takes some tuning and I am pretty sure it will work well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
safc

i already have the bb ecu, and i want to eventually get bigger injectors and stay with a 3 bar system, the safc will possibly solve two issues i have, while (looking cooler and costing less) 1). i want to use a bigger maf and slightly bigger injectors, 2). i want to have the dec air function to bewilder my competition! and in other news... it looks hella cooler than a jwt ecu!
-seth

what can i say, ricey stuff is coo

charlie2020 said:
SAFC im my opinion is for the people that have to know whats going on with there car like me, and that like to monitor and change if need be how much fuel my car is getting and not just really on ECU which doesn;t tell me to much at all.

·
Registered
342 Posts
nissanoholic said:
what can i say, ricey stuff is coo
ricey stuff cool....um....

imho i think jwt is good for plug and play only. if you really want to get your hands in it then go ahead and get afc and monitor the fuel in all it's splendor. if you want the a little of both look into the emanage, it doesn't monitor anything but you tune it yourself via comp/support tool or eo1. there are a lot of add ons to the emanage. afc can adjust up to 50%, emanage can adjust 300% (i'm not too sure about emanage). emanage can compensate for unrecirculated bov as well. all three of these options are very capable it just comes down to what you want.

i'm going afc with 370, t28 and de ecu. hopefully i'll get my pos running this weekend (if it's not raining). if it's raining i'm going car shopping.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
SAFC + DET ECU = 555cc tunability more less which is a good thing. Most JWT ECU users wouldn't know where to begin using a SAFC, so lets not talk about what u heard or what u think is better, lets here from the people that have tried both and have a personal favorite for whatever reasons that may be. JWT ECU cannot be a personal favorite just because its plug and play damm thing cost a grip and u gotta send it in when u wanna change something. Personally if someone gave me a JWT ECU id use it with a SAFC but I would never buy one, i like that the JWT timing maps take into account the **** is turbo'd but so far I haven;t heard of anyone blowing up there **** on a DE ECU with or without SAFC.

·
I was boosting... Sigh...
140 Posts
I love my SAFC II, the thing has never let me down. Its great especially when I add a mod I can tune it right there and not have to send my ECU in. For what your doing it sounds like the SAFC is going to be a more reasonable choice. Because if you are modding this much now its only going to get modded more in the future, do you want JWT feciding when you can drive your car again?...I don't. Plus you can, like charlie said, you can monitor you fuel and stuff too! I'd say to go for Apexi...my 2cents.

CJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts