SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a couple of questions. My 93 se-r has a few proublems, first i noticed it was leaking tranny fluid out of the sensors at the bottom of the case, not sre why, and i never thought much of it, because nothign was wrong. FOr about a month now, the car has this shaking proublem, lets say for example i am at a stop light, first gear to 5 grand no proublem, 2nd no proublem, then 3rd at about 4 grand, a slight vibration occurs, then fourth a little worse, and fith about the same, now hears the thing, if i let off the gas in third or fourth the shaking resolves away. But when i go wot, the whole car shakes, not just the wheel. I dont know what the hell is wrong, i have baffled many people. on the free way going 70 in fifth if i go wot, the car shakes bad, so i figure wonder what fourth is like, smae thing, and its olny under acceleration. I have check the half shafts, and they seem to be fine, the oly thing i can think of is some sort of tranny issue, but i dont want to take it out if i dont know for certain? And yes i have track driven the car, 3 or 4 times on the road course to. SO i am sure i broke something. thanks for anyhelp you can lend

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
does the engine rev up to redline in neutral with no problems? I would change the tranny fluid first, or top it off whatever. see if you can get that leak fixed as well. RTV sealant maybe?

It honestly sounds like what happened to my car when a spark plug wire popped off the distributor cap... I had no idea what the hell was wrong. just a far fetched guess.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
The reverse and neutral transmission switches are the sensors that are leaking. You would be surprised how quickly a couple of leaky switches can drain your transmission of its fluid. Good news is that they are easy to replace. Check your transmission's fluid level. Low levels of fluid could be one reason why you are experiencing problems.

You might want to also check all the motor mounts.

·
sellout
1,000 Posts
I've seen axles cause this many a time. Are they remans or the original ones?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original axles, and they appear to be fine, engine has no proublem reving to redline, or running at all, its drivetrain related, now how can the sensors leak, i ould assume there is a seal some where that needs replaced?? As far as the fuild where and how do i check that, i know tit leaks though, and i am sure its low, but can low fluid cause shaking. And if it was the motor mout, would i hear it at start up, mabye a rotted bushing? what shoud i look for in the motor mounts? thanks again

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yep check the axles, just happned to my boy. They might look fine but trust me it could be the problem, this **** had us confused for weeks and it was the axle all along.lata

1 - 9 of 9 Posts