SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
too many toys
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this last weekend I found out that part of the brake caliper mount is scraping off a bit of the inside of one of my aluminum wheels on my '91 sentra. These are the stock brakes, and I've never had a clearance issue before.

The relatively thin piece that connects the top and the bottom part of the brake caliper bracket (the one that arcs around the lugnuts and rotor), is sticking outward on the top more than the bottom of it is, and I can't figure out what is bent to make it do this.

Also, the brake pads are also very unevenly warn (the cause of this problem or the result? :) I haven't hit any big pot holes or anything like that, and the wheel bearings seem fine.

There is very little clearance in this area to begin with, but I haven't had any problems in the past. I know this would probably be easier to explain if I had a picture.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea what could have caused this to happen? I need to replace the front pads, but I want to get this fixed before I do.

Thanks,
Aaron

·
too many toys
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PNWser:
Aaron.. check to make sure that both of the bolts that hold the bracket onto the hub are still there.. sounds like one might be missing..
David Lau
</font>
Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention in my post that all the bolts were present and tightened.

Aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts