SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's the deal. My SR20 is being weird and has been since I got it. ok when I start it cold it will run really rough at low rpms for a little...like missing. After it is warmed up it doesn't do it anymore.

Also at low rpms my car has no power...It does not kick in until like 3-4k and then it rips. I bought the car with headers, pop charger, and custom exhaust.

could the poor performance down low be to low backpressure because my friends dad said the piping is huge, almost as big as his vette and it is straight back, no resonators...into a straight through muffler. I just put on a cat and it helped a tad in noise. And I ordered a stock muffler...that should be on soon. what else could it be if it is not the exhaust?

My EGR and stuff is GONE.

Also ther is this loose belt sound everytime I hit the gas...you can hear it best in like 5th at low rpms when the muffler doesn't drown it out. So could that bea loose belt or what?

Sorry for the length but these things have been bothering me for a while now.

G

·
0 Posts
I would have to say EGR is the problem. I too am having a rough idle, (any help solving this problem would be great) and I had the dealer run the codes. They said the EGR valve wasn't opening up all the way because there wasn't enough flow through the tube. If your EGR isn't plugged up, then it probably isn't opening.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong here.

------------------
1999 SE Limited: JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing
http://post.uwstout.edu/l/lilienthala/car.html

·
0 Posts
I had that prob for a while but after abusing the hell out of it, its gone.
Good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4DR SE R:
I would have to say EGR is the problem. I too am having a rough idle, (any help solving this problem would be great) and I had the dealer run the codes. They said the EGR valve wasn't opening up all the way because there wasn't enough flow through the tube. If your EGR isn't plugged up, then it probably isn't opening.

</font>

I did mention that my EGR was gone
AS in no more...

[This message has been edited by Sheabird (edited 07-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sheabird (edited 07-07-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts