SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be moving to the sacramento area at the end of the month and i was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that i would be able to work on my car? like a place that has the facilities and you can like rent a stall to work on your car in or something.

does anyone know if travis afb has an auto hobby shop like that? hickam afb down here has one like that.

my new apt doesn't allow car maintenance in the parking lot thats why.

thanks!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like i'll be heading to travis afb.

luis, do you happen to know the rates there? and what kinds of stuff they got there?

thanks for the info!

·
Registered
381 Posts
theres a place here in the fairfield-suisun-travis afb area that lets u do stuff to your own car...its called ARTs or something. ill have to get info and get back to u

·
Very bling bling
1,905 Posts
you can work on it at my place, for a small nominal fee. i only charge $500 an hour and my lift consists of a 1 ton jack hehe. otherwise Travis is the place to go, pretty decent place if you ask me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
tlSeR20DE said:
yea, i found the auto skills website for travis afb and it sounds good. sounds better than the one down here at hickam. the rates are good too.

heres the link in case anyone is interested:
http://www.60thservices.com/recreation/skills/autoskills/
sounds koo, when u headin to travis? nice to see another se-r in the area :) got any pics of your ride?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm actually gonna be in the davis/sacramento area. and i'm probably not gonna ship my car there.. i doubt it would pass smog and visual.. with a bluebird swap and all. i was gonna check out later if there are any cheap se-r's for sale up there..

·
Registered
989 Posts
tlSeR20DE said:
i'm actually gonna be in the davis/sacramento area. and i'm probably not gonna ship my car there.. i doubt it would pass smog and visual.. with a bluebird swap and all. i was gonna check out later if there are any cheap se-r's for sale up there..
Your best bet is to check Autotrader and craiglist for the Sacto, Bay Area region. If I see any, I will send you a link to the car. Late.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
707nismo said:
theres a place here in the fairfield-suisun-travis afb area that lets u do stuff to your own car...its called ARTs or something. ill have to get info and get back to u
did you ever find out about this place yet? my friend was looking for a place like this as well, but hes not military so he can't go to travis afb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts