SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I'm going to have to have a word with Nissan about those.. seats.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I want one. When they come out I will test drive one. If it faster than my current SR20 with all the bolt-ons then I will be un-modding it and trading it in. Must be significantly faster though.

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Looks pretty good. Definately liked the wing on the show car better than that wing. The seats look kind've tacky from those pictures.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I must say the seats look great. Those would match up lovely in my current SER. Now I know B15 wheels do not fit out cars, but somehow I want these to fit on also
Damn boys I don't know all of a sudden i'm in the mood for a new car all over again.....

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
[This message has been edited by chriscar (edited 06-22-2001).]

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
I am impressed. It looks well rounded for a everyday kinda car. I think I will buy one. Wifes been bugging me to get a fourdoor anyway.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks too much like an SE, with ugly rims and seats.

------------------
Wheel gap is the enemy. "Silver" 2001 SE w/perf.pkg, PR CAI, Intrax.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Yeah, I don't like the rims as well. It looks so different without the side skirts that were in the prototype pictures. Too bad they didn't keep those side skirts.

-saaby

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
god damn mouse!

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 06-22-2001).]

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Ok I'm kinda leary about asking this question. Let me first say I'm not a riceboy. The only sticker I have on my car is for my car club. Now that that's out of the way. I like the se-r logo better now than before. I removed all of my Nissan badges, and 200sx emblem, and the se-r emblem. But I would consider putting that one on. Impressions?

[

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 06-22-2001).]

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really wish Nissan would have kept the sleeper image, instead of catering to the "Riceboys." All of those "R"s have got to go (especially the gigantic one on the back of the car); the rear wing I think should probably be the one of the few distinguishing features between the SE-R models and the base models. The styling cues should be subtle.

Also, I see nothing wrong with the seats - the color just needs to be changed possibly.

Finally (this is performance related), I understand both SE-R models will be using the current Sentra SE brakes (except with upgraded pads in the case of the Spec V.) How good are these brakes? If this car can supposedly out-run the Type-R on Nissan's test track, the brakes have to be pretty good, but I don't remember anybody commenting on the Sentra SE's brakes as being standout in any way...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Front ends ugly, rims are ugly. I like the idea of the 2.5 I4 w/twin balancing shafts, but the whole drive by wire throttle kinda scares me. Especially when the car becomes older. Non-adjustable ignition sucks. Direct act valvetrain is kinda cool though. No possible fuel regulator upgrades. Love the 6-speed and seats. Kinda torn. I guess I'll just have to go test drive it.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
Mmmmmmmm blue

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I think the car is God-damned gorgeous. Anyone know if the yellow will be available?

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
466 Posts
Did anyone read the article from Ben's link? It says the SE-R left after the '94 model year. WTF???

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

1 - 20 of 49 Posts