SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys---I was about to order a cai for my 93 se-r. The guy told me "you have the high port---correct?" I could have sworn I had a low port--so I told him I would call him back. He told me 90-92 was low port and 93-94 was high port. I went to aem's site--and that is how htey have it listed. I asked on the list before and was told there was no change in 93 except body style and some cosmetics and in 94 the intake mannny was changed to a higher port style. Who is correct?

thanks for your time

Mark

------------------
93 se-r
so stock--it is scary

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search the site---and I came up with the place racing group buy--here is the se-r listing:
CAI01AG 91-93 Sentra SE-R (including NX2000) $196 $202
CAI02AG 93-94 Sentra SE-R $196 $202
see what I mean?

and from the aem site:
Sentra SE-R Lo Port 93-94 Cold air $ 289.00
Sentra SE-R High Port 89-92 Cold air $ 285.00

I am really confused--as are most part sellers :^)

thanks again

mark

------------------
93 se-r
so stock--it is scary

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
First off, there was no SR20 in any car back in 89 or 90, so thats wrong. second, their webpage is wrong too if they have this information, third of all, i wouldnt buy from them if they dont know what they're selling. stick with HS or PR

the place racing information is the right one, and the PR is cheaper, and most likely better.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

[This message has been edited by Fast91SER (edited 09-20-2001).]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, not to add fuel to the fire but... the first 93' SE-R I owned was a "low-port "(high throttle body) motor. My current 93' SE-R has a "high-port" (low throttle body) motor. So there clearly was a production change somewhere in the 1993 model year and this adds to the confusion.

The easiest way I can explain the difference is the "high-port" motor has the "low throttle body". That is, the throttle body is below the intake runners. Where as the "low-port" motor has the throttle body nearly level with the intake runners.

Smooth Figgy Daddy (Sp?) had posted some pictures a little bit ago that were very helpful. Since in this case a picture is worth at least a few hundred words.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
IIRC, there was a production change from highport to lowport in June of 1993.

Every time I order Ni$$an parts like gaskets and the like, they always ask if my car was an early '93 or a late '93, usually with June as the cutoff.

Brian at Courtesy could positively answer when the cutoff date was....but I remember it as June.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Registered
97 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fast91SER:
First off, there was no SR20 in any car back in 89 or 90, so thats wrong. better.
</font>
Actually, I beleive the 88' JDM Silvia had a primitive SR20DET, I know it was in the SR family.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VaNXman:
Actually, I beleive the 88' JDM Silvia had a primitive SR20DET, I know it was in the SR family.</font>
You mean CA18DET, right? Definitely not in the SR family. Hmm... Maybe I'm thinking of the 180SX.

But anyway, when Serban said that there was no SR20DE in '89 or '90, he was referring to North America in which the first SR20-powered car was the '91 Infiniti G20

--Andrew Phan

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
well, i was referring to the US models, after all, they are selling the intake for the sentra, not silvia, and the older silvia did have the CA18DET, i've met someone in FL, that has a silvia brought from japan, and its definately not SR20 powered.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fast91SER:

the place racing information is the right one, and the PR is cheaper, and most likely better.

</font>
The AEM intake is dyno proven to make 4-5 horsepower more than PR.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
The AEM intake is dyno proven to make 4-5 horsepower more than PR.

</font>
Please post dyno charts
That is the only way I will be ditching my Hotshot for the AEM
Proof!

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts