El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... This is sorta urgent so I sent it out to all the lists I'm
subscribed to. I need opinions/advice to see if it would be alright to run
an ACT HD PP with the ACT street disk on a turbo SE-R. The turbo set-up is
basically an F-Max Stage II with the .63 A/R T3/T04E. The wastegate spring
is set at 9.7 psi and this is what I'll be running on the street. The
highest boost the car will probably ever see will be 16-17 psi (if that).
Does everyone (that has experience with ACT clutches) think that the HD
setup (street disk) will hold that boost? Jay H., weren't you running this?
Any opinions or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! TIA!!!

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
I have had mine for about 6000mi. now and im happy with it. If you plan to run it on slicks @16psi at the strip though I would go with something a bit heavier either an extreme pp (kinda sucks in traffic) or get one of ACT's puck set-ups (on/off switch) just to be on the safe side... Im sure the HD pp and disc will hold well but I think it will slip after repetetive hard launches on slicks...

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I run that shiet right now...personally i think is pretty good but i rather get the extreme with the6 puck or at least the HD with a 6 puck...i ve driven it b4 and its not that bad it just u have to get used to it but...so far my shiet has held up and i push 15psi max but off a t28 its just now it feels softer and i think its worn down a little.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Thanks for the responses everyone!! Keep 'em comin.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
I'm running the ACT street strip w/o the HD pp... and I don't get it slipping ever, even on slicks... I've been doing this for 6 mos, on 14-16psi (19 at the track once) and managed to mangle 3rd gear... all of that and the clutch has been fine... I will go for the pp next round, but so far I've been nothing but happy, you should be alright.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the ACT HD PP with the centerforce dual friction disc. Here's how the PP ended up looking like after less than 10 dragslicks passes @12 psi. AT that time the car was putting 260hp to the wheels. I replaced the disc with a cluchtnet six puck sprung disc but I think this set up is giving up @ high RPMS besides this disc is awful for traffic driving makes the engine shake(I got motor mounts)when taking off.

http://members6.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/albummanager?album=Clucht

1 - 6 of 6 Posts