SR20 Forum banner

Are you caravanning with us?

  • Yes! I'm going to roll!

    Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Maybe, I hope so :\

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, definately not!

    Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up? Just wanted to start a new thread to see who is ACTUALLY going to caravan with us. We will be starting from FL very early on Wed May 19th, and we will be driving straight through to Cali, and will arrive around 9pm-sih ont he 20th, the night before the convention. We need to have 2 ppl per car so that we dont have to stop for a hotel on the way. Please post here if you are definately going to caravan with us, and vote if you might, and post up so we can all get an idea about how many of us there will be. I would like to try to get a huge caravan going! You guys know you want to come! The convention is worth it!!!
 

·
No soup for you
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
Well it looks like, tentativelty, Lionel Stackhouse, myself and Possibly Steve Austin (not the wrestler) will be heading out on the 18th, with the B12 in tow. She'll be serving track slut duty for the weekend.

I hope Steve Rockwood is ready for the smack down on his own turf :D Stock bottom end showdown on the dyno

John
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NismoDriver said:
Well it looks like, tentativelty, Lionel Stackhouse, myself and Possibly Steve Austin (not the wrestler) will be heading out on the 18th, with the B12 in tow. She'll be serving track slut duty for the weekend.

I hope Steve Rockwood is ready for the smack down on his own turf :D Stock bottom end showdown on the dyno

John
Thats good to hear, Jon! What time you think you will leave on the 18th?? Will you be stopping on the way to sleep? If so, maybe we could meet up along the way somewhere. We are taking the boring route, its posted in the 1st post in the Hey South USA thread.
 

·
No soup for you
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
We'll be leaving as early as possible. It all depends on what time Steve gets into town. He'll be coming from JAcksonville, FL. We'll then all be iding in a Envoy, w/ the car in tow. With three of us to alternate driving duties, we probably won't stop. But we can plan a little more as time gets closer. We are all on limited vacation time and budgets, so its a matter of how quick we can make it with the least amount of expense. We'll probably know more in the next couple of days as things become more concrete.

John
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NismoDriver said:
We'll be leaving as early as possible. It all depends on what time Steve gets into town. He'll be coming from JAcksonville, FL. We'll then all be iding in a Envoy, w/ the car in tow. With three of us to alternate driving duties, we probably won't stop. But we can plan a little more as time gets closer. We are all on limited vacation time and budgets, so its a matter of how quick we can make it with the least amount of expense. We'll probably know more in the next couple of days as things become more concrete.

John

Oh ok, I'm in the same boat as far as time/money. Maybe you guys could leave early on the 19th like us, and we could meet up on the way, and go together from there, thats what I'm trying to accomplish with this. LMK what you decided. We wil lget there around 9pm or so (based on mapquest @ 60 mph).
 

·
Still not my president
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
ooo ooo oooo me memememmeme ill try i dont know if ill be able to drive... i need to finish fixin my pos
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
serchef said:
ooo ooo oooo me memememmeme ill try i dont know if ill be able to drive... i need to finish fixin my pos

What!?!?! You better come, you were one that wanted to start this caravan thing with me! LOL. If you cant drive, you can ride. :)
 

·
No soup for you
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
I just did the math, round trip if the truck gets 8 mpg, it should only cost about $1k for gas...maybe flying would be better..:D

John
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NismoDriver said:
I just did the math, round trip if the truck gets 8 mpg, it should only cost about $1k for gas...maybe flying would be better..:D

John

You only get 8MPG? GP got like 12 he said. ****, its way cheaper for the cars to drive, I calculate about $325 for gas @$2 gal for me. I priced tickets, they were about $500 round trip. So if you have 3 ppl sharing gas expense, then it will still be cheaper to drive.
 

·
No soup for you
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
well, we won't be using my truvk, its gonna be a V-6 GMC Envoy. I estimated at 8 miles per gallon and $2 a gallon. I'm going for the worst. I don't really think its fair to divvy up the gas in thirds, cause after all, we'll be towing MY car ;o) Now, if they wanna drive it, thats a differernt story :)

John
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NismoDriver said:
well, we won't be using my truvk, its gonna be a V-6 GMC Envoy. I estimated at 8 miles per gallon and $2 a gallon. I'm going for the worst. I don't really think its fair to divvy up the gas in thirds, cause after all, we'll be towing MY car ;o) Now, if they wanna drive it, thats a differernt story :)

John

yeah, true, but they ARE going to Cali. :) At any rate, let me know what you decided to do. BTW, and envoy should get way better than 8mpg. my dad hasa straight 6 jeep and gets like 20mpg or so on the highway, and the v *should * be better. LMK man!
 

·
Still not my president
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
djmayhem said:
What!?!?! You better come, you were one that wanted to start this caravan thing with me! LOL. If you cant drive, you can ride. :)

i know im goin i just want to drive lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
serchef said:
i know im goin i just want to drive lol

Oh ok, I just saw that you voted for maybe.
 

·
Still not my president
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
oh i voted maybe due to me driving im going, even if i have to ride bitch with you im there
 

·
'93 drifting Egg
Joined
·
508 Posts
I am definitely going, but still don't have a second person lined up. So if someone who has a third person can ride/drive with me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NissanEgg said:
I am definitely going, but still don't have a second person lined up. So if someone who has a third person can ride/drive with me.

Great!....I may have a 3rd person with me, so whenever we meet up he could get in with you.
 

·
Still not my president
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
i need a second, il have my car done at the end of this week hopefully
 

·
'93 drifting Egg
Joined
·
508 Posts
djmayhem said:
Great!....I may have a 3rd person with me, so whenever we meet up he could get in with you.

Ok, just keep me informed as to when all of you plan on leaving that day so i can figure at what time to meet you where US 231 hits I-10, about 20minutes from my house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,088 Posts
I'll make sure to wave to you guys from up above.. ;)

Nah.. I'm undecided right now. I want to bring my 240sx out there... but that far of a trek, with no A/C, a gutted interior, and no radio.... :( And there's no way I'm traillering it up there.. that would be crazy expensive. For you guys that want to get good ticket prices.. check out www.sidestep.com . I priced my tickets at 275.00 roundtrip.
Travis
 
1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Top