SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some opinions here if you have a sec.

Need to get new plug wires for my 96 SE-R soon, and wanted to get a vibe on what everyone was running.

On my 1992 classic SE-R, I ran NGK spark plug wires and it seemed those worked out good. Something like $80.

Oh, not interested in $300-400 spark plug wires! Tooooo much....must save cash for nitrous :)

Thanks for your time

G

·
0 Posts
Just installed Magnecor KV85 wires in my '93 Classic about a month ago. Quite pleased. About $100 for the set.

G

·
0 Posts
I still use the stockers. They seem to work great and have never heard anything about not sticking with the stock ones till you do some major mods.

MarC

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well i still use the stockers. and if you ask most people(george, mike, rob....) they all say that the stockers are good. And are good for about 250ht IIRC. they fit the best and have no problems associated with them

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Stock ones are good I prefer the NGKs they look a little better than stock and work great I have a set that has been on three SE-Rs and they are still going strong!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
used the msd wires less resistance than any other per foot .made my own from acura integra set cause they use the same size spark plug boots. I highly recomend the jacobs Ultra coil! sweet upgrade also index the plugs . free horsepower!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I highly recomend the jacobs Ultra coil!
Not trying to start a "Flame War",but Jacobs coils are SH*T!
Have you ever seen one disassembled? I have,it's just a GM ignition coil in an extruded aluminum case filled with epoxy.

The stock ignition system on the SR20DE is good to about 200HP. So unless you're running NOS or boost or high compression ratio,just stick with the OE ignition system.
Avoid the monkey ****.

·
Registered
858 Posts
10:1 compression and It feels a hell of alot better since the ultra coil with MSD way better responce and a bigger SP gap! so much peppier!

G

·
0 Posts
I have a 93 Classic, and just put on a set of Accel's....I'm having trouble with the emission system, but it seems to run a little better than stock. Cost me 58$ from Summit racing.

G

·
0 Posts
The stock wires work better than most aftermarket wires.

I ran Magnecor KV-85s for about two years. I'm running a stock set on the street and at the strip. I have a set of Accels for show.

·
Registered
254 Posts
OK, so we've heard a few opinions - let's hear some more: What wires work best when running over 200HP with a turbo? Anyone with experience care to share? At what HP is an aftermarket ignition necessary? Mike? Carl? Bueller?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Jay Hassinger is the man to respond to this one. Where are ya Jay?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts