SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok NOS junkies, here's a question: I've noticed that on the #2 and #4 spark plugs (I'm counting #1 as the one farthest from the dizzy, if that's wrong, let me know!), the electrodes have been wearing funny. The tip is much smaller in cross-sectional area than the base and the profile curves outward to the base of the electrode. Here's some ghetto ASCII art to help you out what the electrode looks like:

--
/ \
/ \
------

Except that the slanted lines aren't straight, they're curved concave outwards.

Basically, my question is this: is this caused by those two cylinders running too lean?? I've been running the NGK BKR6Es and just put a new set in but haven't done a nitrous pull with them (damn empty bottle!).

Anything I can do to correct this? Thanks!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

[This message has been edited by AntonioG (edited 08-13-2001).]

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dammit! Can't get that ASCII art to work, anyways...it's supposed to be a trapezoid with the slanted lines concave outwards if you know what I mean.

I hope you all understand. Thanks!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
858 Posts
yup.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops...sorry, should've told you all the goods on the system. JWT 50 shot system, fairly new everything (cap, dizzy, rotor, wires, etc.), timing set at 15*, plugs were gapped within FSM specs.

For the rest of the power mods: HS header, GReddy SP Exhaust, PR CAI, Pullies, and S3 cams.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

[This message has been edited by AntonioG (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
check timing dead on 15 deg and gap plugs at .029 then only use 92 or higher octane gas sunoco 94 rocks since JW recommended the 300z non turbo plats plugs, I've had no problems. 6 G 11 number at end of plug.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts