SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have almost 75,000 miles on my original plugs
I need new ones. SE-R net has some conflicting info on the Boschs and NGK's. Any of you guys have any good/bad expierences with them? Price? TIA.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
201 Posts
Go with the NGK plugs. Copper or platinum will do. The platinum are more expensive, but will last longer. I believe they are about $7.50 per plug.

Check your wires, cap and rotor as well. You might just want to replace that stuff while you're in there. Just order the OEM stuff from Nissan and you'll be good. I used the aftermarket cap and rotor and it sucked!

Finally, use anti-seise on the plugs and be careful when screwing them in. You really don't want to cross thread those puppies and it's easy to do on an aluminum head.

Ben
'93 NX

G

·
0 Posts
Autolite titaniums????

Are those one notch better than platinum? Or just a big Marketing game.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
maybe try the new NGK-R platinum plugs..they're cheaper than the regular NGK's and i hear they work better.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
201 Posts
I haven't used them, but when was the last time you heard of an Autolite performance product? I thought so.

In any case, I'll bet you that they are just another gimick like the Bosch Platinum +4 or Splitfire plugs.

On a side note, one of my friends tried the splitfire plugs in his MR2 and they made it run worse! It was missing at idle and under acceleration. We tried new wires, cap and rotor, everything. we finally put in some regular old copper plugs and problem solved!

Ben
'93 NX2K

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andymainer:
Autolite titaniums????

</font>

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andymainer:
Autolite titaniums????

</font>
LMAO!!!..... HELL NO!!!!!
BRO, THERE IS NO WAY TO GO BUT NGK PLATINUMS!! STOP SEARCHING!!!!
******************STOP*******************
AND GO PICK UP SOME NGK's. NO MORE QUESTIONS.
N-G-K.

G

·
0 Posts
the NGK-Resistors came in the japan motor i changed them to NGK platinum and it ran slower, i put the other ones back in and BOOM the power was back! definetly go with these, cheap but very effective!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
The way to go is NGK plats if you dont want to do lots of matience. You could go with NGK regulars and do like Jay H. did and replace them like every month to freshen up the motor. The plats were like 7.50 a piece from courtsey when I got some, dont remember exact price and the invoice is in the bedroom now. The plats are good for like 60k or there abouts. The regulars usualy can last say like 10k maybe....but hell you can get all 4 for like 5 bucks most the time. So if you wanted you could get a new set very week if you really felt like it.

Stay away from bosch like the plague. Hell i worked for them once and I wont buy those plugs for my car. They are fine for other cars but the sr20 doesnt like them that much, they will do the job but the NGKs do it much better.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

[This message has been edited by Bowlcut (edited 07-27-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts