SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok was wondering what plugs are best for SR20DE im at 63k and they really need to be changed, I saw NGK plats but man those are spendy also saw Bosch Plats +4, and NGK V-power, screw champion and autolite junk...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
this has been answered a million times try using the search option.
but most here will tell ya ngk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok just got me some NGK V-Power for 8 bucks yay but these are the really standard kind BKR5E-11... should I have gotten the BKR6E ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also I read that you dont mess with the gap on NGK but umm mine were at .032 and from what I got from the person who sold me was .044 and so did some online sites said .044 so I did mine at .044
 

·
Pâté Performance...
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
NGK's from the dealer....
 

·
Owned by Maximas!
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Call up Brian from Courtesy Nissan and get the BKR6E's. I like them because they are a $1.50 each and you change them every 30kmiles (I change them every 15k miles). This way you can look into your engine bay more often and see if everything is ok.
 

·
Pâté Performance...
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
^^ Yup, Yup.
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
y0ureviltwin said:
Also I read that you dont mess with the gap on NGK but umm mine were at .032 and from what I got from the person who sold me was .044 and so did some online sites said .044 so I did mine at .044

The FSM recommends 0.043 inch gap. And go with the BKR6E copper plugs. The platinum/iridium plugs do not help you make more power (barring certain exceptions). Plugs made of precious metals only last longer than copper plugs. Not worth the phenomenally higher price if you ask me.
 

·
Tired Greasemonkey
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
Harris said:
The FSM recommends 0.043 inch gap. And go with the BKR6E copper plugs. The platinum/iridium plugs do not help you make more power (barring certain exceptions). Plugs made of precious metals only last longer than copper plugs. Not worth the phenomenally higher price if you ask me.
only time it would be profitable is if you have a vehicle with PITA spark plugs to get to (montero,transverse v8 and v6s).
but for our lowly dohc four bangers it's a gravy job :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK this what dealer told me grr use BKR5E-11 and gap at 0.44 but my car manual says to use from BKR4E-11 to BKR6E-11 and gap from 0.031 to 0.035 and I think when you buy them, they come gapped at .035 hmm im so confused now
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
y0ureviltwin said:
OK this what dealer told me grr use BKR5E-11 and gap at 0.44 but my car manual says to use from BKR4E-11 to BKR6E-11 and gap from 0.031 to 0.035 and I think when you buy them, they come gapped at .035 hmm im so confused now.
Those plugs are for a GA16DE.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top