SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys run in your Classics and do they make a big difference? I have the "Rapidfire" plugs in mine, and my brother(who owns a Classic AND a 200sx)thinks I should change to what he runs-NGK Platinums....

·
Registered
93 Posts
From my experience, stick with the NGK Platinum. They came with the car and most people get the best performance out of them. I made the mistake of buyig Bosch Platinum Plus 4 and they sucked power from my engine.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I personally buy the non-Platinum NGKs for about 1/10th the price and change them about 5 times as often as you would a Plat. I figure this way I can afford brand new plugs for track days and autocrosses and I have the added bonus of keeping tabs on how my car is running from reading the plugs. my 2 cents,

scarpa

·
Registered
858 Posts
well I use standard plugs ngk brk 6e
and for free horse power most race cars index their plugs! which means facing the open end of the plug towards the intake manifold. this can be done by using spacers from moroso for flat seat plugs.this is a tuning tip that race cars use . most people don't know about it but when i did it to my plugs for the first time, it felt like I just gave my bitch a tune up or some thing. you need a sp wrench that looks like a T and mark one end so you know how your pugs are sitting. get the tool at R&S straus or pepboys and put black tape on one end. before you dis this try it and then talk! nissan recomends 30-35 sp gap on regular ngk's since I have msd I put mine on 35 1/2 .haven't lost yet but i'm retired from racing in the streets!

·
Registered
858 Posts
and for free horse power most race cars index their plugs! which means facing the open end of the plug towards the intake manifold. this can be done by using spacers from moroso for flat seat plugs.this is a tuning tip that race cars use . most people don't know about it but when i did it to my plugs for the first time, it felt like I just gave my bitch a tune up or some thing. you need a sp wrench that looks like a T and mark one end so you know how your pugs are sitting. get the tool at R&S straus or pepboys and put black tape on one end. before you dis this try it and then talk! nissan recomends 30-35 sp gap on regular ngk's since I have msd I put mine on 35 1/2 .haven't lost yet but i'm retired from racing in the streets!

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I use the 22401-20j06 on mine. (non platinum one heat range colder plug) b/c of the nitrous. the best to use w/o the nitrous is a brk6e though.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
858 Posts
Damn WTF happened up there? 3 times ! I must have sat on the return button or somthing . ****! sorry fellas I look like a new bee there! any ways brian is right . nos needs a colder plug and if your cars a track only race car, doin' laps and what not. never mind just rememberbkr6e is standard heat range and bkr5e is hotter not for every day grand pa drivin'

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
and a tighter gap too. I run a .28

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, my brother runs NOS in his 98 and a Turbo in the 91, and he said the same things you guys did. I thought I was having a problem with a plugged Catalytic converter because I kept getting this rotten egg smell, but my mechanic told me that the cats on these cars are pretty resilient, and that I just needed to tune up the car(which I can do myself)-I run those "Rapidfire" plugs, because the ones that were in the car were fouled(long-term storage) and these plugs were cheap.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dam red 3x man u gett'n old know wondr u retired but it's alol good i'll be your apprentice you'll teach me everything u know and then u can race through me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Chris, I think you mean Bosch Platinum plus 4, right? I've never heard of NGK Platinum plus 4.
Anyway, I had the Bosch Platinums Plus 4 on my car and they weren't too good. The performance was better with my old spark plugs. I now use the NGK platinum. They're about $7-$8 a piece.

·
Registered
858 Posts
damn dead serious, you've got a lot to learn bro remmber who made your j- spec run like one! how's about I race your joint once and then when all the other honduhs want a piece, then you'll look for me like Luke looking for Yoda! hehe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that's ok master yoda, just like luke i'm willing to learn. and someday i'm gonna be a jedi. on another note the car is running better than ever. i give all the props in the wolrd REDMAN KNOWS HIS ****!!!!!!!!. in about an 1/2hr he got my car runnin like a bat outta hell an the results just kept gettin better. my car and myself thanks u. when ur ready 2 give up the crown let me know ill wear it with pride master YODA :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
lol, dead se-rious I'm gonna be in RDC motorsports today all day till 5pm putting on some goodies on the ride. come see your polished j-spec intake. come through probably putting on the ad22vf brakes and good ridge lines also.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can someone give me the low-down on heat ranges? My car is bascially stock except for a K&N drop-in and a Stillen exhaust. What would be the best heat range for my SE-R?

Oh yeah, what's the EXACT gap?

[This message has been edited by ziegler2000 (edited 02-06-2001).]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts