SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size are the speakers in the NX? I am looking to replace both the front and rear. Anyone replaced theirs reasently?

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

·
Registered
87 Posts
go to crutchfield.com and search for speaker applications for your car and it should ahve the sizes of the front and rear speakers i think the front speakers are 4 inch and the rear 6X9 i could b wround tho. i hope this helps
David

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
The front speekers are 4 1/4" and the rear ones are just 6" but I would get 6x9 inseted of the 6", the 6x9 sound so much better.
But they wont fit in the stock location. I had mine in the trunk cover.

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I beg to differ on the 6X9s If you show up at a stereo comp. with 6X9s you will be laughed out of the place. 6 1/2s sound way more crisp and clear.

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
front are 4" and rear are 6.5"..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Actually, as far as i know, i think the fronts are 4x6's and the rears are 5.25" or so. You can fit 6.5"s in the back with a little work, but im pretty sure the fronts are 4x6's. But, i havent checked them yet.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Wow does anyone here "really" know or all you all just guessing??

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
I just checked Crutchfield and heres what they say. Front doors are 4"x6" and a 4" can fit with adaptor. As for the back, they say 6-1/2" with minor modification. I just looked at mine the other day and I believe that what is in it is a 6" so the modification will more than likely be drilling new screw holes.

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
I shoved some 5 1/4's in my doors. They fit but you have to do some trimming.

Blair
no rear speakers 'cause the rollcage mounts there

G

·
0 Posts
Sounddomain.com lets you input your car and each time you select a speaker, it let's you know if it will fit into either front or back holes. They were accurate with the speakers but for some reason they think the NX has a non-standard space for the stereo itself and told me nothing would fit without a custom installation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
They are 4x6's in front and 6.5's in back. I had to replace them all when i got my car. I put 6.5's in all the stock locations (you can get spacers to make them fit, they sound better and are cheaper), then added 6x9's run off an amp (very clear mids and highs) and two JL audio 10"s in a big box with a 100x2 amp. Sound very very good with all that glass (doesnt absorb the sound as much as carpet).

------------------
Stock (except for sticky Dunlops 8000's) '91 NX2K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts