SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: CAR RUNS NOW AND BOOSTIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just order a spec stage 3 clutch from jgy and they were pretty cool. all the people with this clutch have any problems installing it? hopefully i'll figured how to put up pics or any help is cool. i bought the car from tuned200sx and now that it's mine i'll keep you updated about my new car. later

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea this car is fast! i installed a c/f boost gauge for now but i still have to install the other ones. i'll also install the short shifter that tuned200sx gave me when i'm doing the clutch install. pics to come. later

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
When I installed my spec stage 3 sprung hub 6 puck I had no problems at all. Make sure to resurface the flywheel. If you have questions feel free to PM me.

Where in Wisconsin do you live? I live in Milwaukee and Appleton.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no its not a spec v just a 96 200sx ser turbo but i'm planning on getting a spec v soon.
hey, since your from appleton do you know about the car show in dale, wi near appleton there? your car ain't that old brian. i'm from stevens point but if i need any help you guys want to come check out my car or give a hand that'll be cool too. later

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
vSpeX_07 said:
no its not a spec v just a 96 200sx ser turbo but i'm planning on getting a spec v soon.
hey, since your from appleton do you know about the car show in dale, wi near appleton there? your car ain't that old brian. i'm from stevens point but if i need any help you guys want to come check out my car or give a hand that'll be cool too. later

Its not my car anymore, its yours :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
vSpeX_07 said:
The car show is called Drop Fest and this year it's going to be pretty big. It's going to be held at Wisconsin International Raceway in Kaukauna which has a 1/4 mile strip. The website is www.dropfest.com.

My dad lives in Marshfield but is moving in June so I don't know when you will need help but I will be coming up that way in the near future.

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
I would gladly come up and give you a hand as soon as my car is done. It should be done by the end of april or begining of may.

Later,Jon

·
Registered
215 Posts
nice choice of clutch, im sponsored by them, great company. im installing mine next weekend on my car. spec stage 3i is an awsome system plus its very streetable. (pretty close to stock)

good luck
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My stage 3 is awesome as well! I think it has less peddle pressure than stock, I may just be smoking crack but that's what it feels like to me. I have the 6 puck sprung hub just for reference. It grabs like crazy! Good choice.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
I installed my Spec Stage 3 a couple weeks ago. Actually putting the clutch on the car isnt bad at all. Removing and Installing the tranny is the hard part. I love mine BTW, I feel the same way as Tomcat5678, it feels as soft as stock, but grips very well.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Witt19 said:
i have the stage 2 but it hink i'm going to be exceeding its limits soon. Would u guys just recommend me getting a stage 3 disc than?
I'm not sure if the pressure plates are the same or not. Just call up whoever you bought it from or better yet just call up SPEC themselves. Let me know what you find out in case I have to upgrade to the stage 4 at some point.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Tomcat5678 said:
My stage 3 is awesome as well! I think it has less peddle pressure than stock, I may just be smoking crack but that's what it feels like to me. I have the 6 puck sprung hub just for reference. It grabs like crazy! Good choice.
How much h/p do you have? If you don't mind me asking

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
lucino vzr said:
How much h/p do you have? If you don't mind me asking
Actually I have no exact number but my friend (insane imports) has the same clutch as I do and he was putting down 255whp 277wtq on a superflow dyno 270whp 292tq on a dynojet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well, looks like i'll have to plan a date so we could all meet up in my town to hang out or something. cheeers to beer and maybe grub is on me if you guys come help me. haven't recieve my clutch today but that's what jgy told me but i'll wait. btw, we have a dyno shop here and what do you guys think of dyno my car w/slipping clutch or should i wait until i install the spec 3 clutch? later

1 - 20 of 108 Posts