SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally got my car on the road again. I installed a Spec Stage III clutch, 6 puck. holds somewhere in the 300's for ft/lbs. you can get these through JGY if you want.

It is totally streetable, the pedal is softer than stock, honest. I also have a Fidanza flywheel, which makes for starting off a little bit tougher, but I noticed that it is much easier than my previous setup, which was ACT HD PP/street disc.

I highly recommend these things, its unbelievable. Im still breaking it in, so I havent got to test it performance wise yet, but since all I have are bolt-ons I am no where near its potential.

It does grab PDQ, but again it is totally streetable. Pedal feel is great.

I love it!!

Nate

·
Gone V8 Hunting Lately?
1,172 Posts
I agree I like the SPEC clutches. I have a stage 2 in my car and it has reached its limits. I just hope that yours last longer then mine. I have had mine for about 15K miles and it slips, but I am over powering it. One thing I have noticed about the SPEC's, mine and others people I know, they start to get a weaker pedal after a couple hard runs. Once the pp gets hot then they will start to slip.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I had a stage 2 in my S13. I agree it was smooth as butter and the pedal effort was perfect. When my ACT eventually goes out in the NX I'm going with a SPEC for sure.

·
Gone V8 Hunting Lately?
1,172 Posts
I am putting down about 270 wtq. which is was the stage 2 is rated for at the flywheel. As long as the clutch stays cool it will grab. If I drive around for a little bit and then get on it, I will get a little slipping.

·
Gone V8 Hunting Lately?
1,172 Posts
I was going to upgrade to a stage 3 disk, but I went ahead an got a Clutchnet kit. I didn't like it when the pedal got mushy when it got hot, so I didn't want to take a chance and have the new disk slip because of their pressure plate. I love the quality of the disk but I think the pp they use are a little lack luster. Somone told me they use a 100% factory pp and just paint it blue.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
I also installed a Spec Stage III setup and so far I like it better than the ACT setup I had. The pedal is so much softer. I'm still breaking it in also. They are rated to 320 TQ.

Manny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts