1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
No...but i want it! Badass!

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Yeah I heard about it but wouldnt that be like using an SR16VE Tranny with a DE?

Everytime you switched gears you would be out of the power band. You would be at either to low of an RPM and lag or you would be at to high of an RPM and have missed your peak HP

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well the stock SR20DE tranny is designed for a 140hp car. Yet the ratios seem to work well with cam grinds like the S4s, and C series that drastically change the power delivery. The Spec V six speed is designed for a high torque QR25 engine, it may work well with a high torque DET. I would be willing to try this in a couple years.

As a side note I read the B15 forum posts, where did the hate come from? Those people have issues.

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
This sounds like a great Idea....but one thing comes to mind. I know a SR20 with a Spec V tranny can fit in a B15 but can that same set-up fit in a B14 or B13??? This would require some new Tranny Mounts if indeed it would fit (Which Wouldn't be too hard) but the fitment and Axles may be a lil problem.

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Johnny wangwang said:
Yeah I heard about it but wouldnt that be like using an SR16VE Tranny with a DE?
No the SR16VE tranny is just as weak as our stock one. From what I have read anyway.

Thing is you can't go down the junkyard and get a SR16VE tranny like you can this. Plus it's 6 speed. Plus it's the same tranny as the current gen Maxima, what 260+ hp stock right? Nice. :)

Everytime you switched gears you would be out of the power band. You would be at either to low of an RPM and lag or you would be at to high of an RPM and have missed your peak HP
Nah. Even if this was heavily prevelant you could just size the turbo better if need be. For instance, use a Disco Potatoe Turbo. Not saying that would be a better match just an example.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
WEll how strong is the 02 SE-R 5 speed tranny to our SR20 tranny??? That maybe another thing we should try!!!I know im game for a better alternative then the PAR!!!!! LEts find out!!!

·
back in the game
491 Posts
Are you talking about the car or engine?? Because it is a GTi-R engine

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
My questions are as follows. How about axle fitment into b13/b14? Is the flywheel spaced out, or do you lose that much input shaft spline engagement? Where did you get this made and will they be available, also what was the cost? Thats a fluid clutch so you'd have to convert the cable trannies to that as well.

Travis E.

·
back in the game
491 Posts
I dont know about b13/b14, the flywheel is spaced, and the parts can be reproduced if needed for alot cheaper than I got them

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
I wanna know how the tranny holds up and if it hurts the turbo performacne due to short ratios

·
back in the game
491 Posts
Dions car is at 400hp with no tranny mods except a clutch and flywheel

·
-John-
690 Posts
Man does it run better than it did with the 5-speed, if so...I want one. What is with all those haters on the B15 forum tho, whatever happend to"if you have nothing good to say then you shouldn't say it"?(well most of the time anyway;))

·
back in the game
491 Posts
It never had a 5 speed

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
so how the hell is the starter mounted in now?I see the spec v block off plate?? im actually intersted in this!!! MORE pics!!!!How much differnt is the B15 axles then the B13?? Im not too informative on the B15. Im an old skool guy!!!

·
back in the game
491 Posts
Im using the sr20 starter in the stock location..and again, I have no idea about the b13 axles

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
so im guessin that the adapter plate makes it bolt to the sr20 and also has the braket for the sr20 starter. then make a cover for the spec-v starter. Then us B13/B14 owners need to make something for the hydrolic clutch!!!Am i correct??? Does someone have a spec-v axle and a sr20 axle they can match up???see if they are the same length/spline for hubs??What did you do to mount the passanger axle??? Also how much horse power you have???? How many miles on the car since the install??

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wow, man if you can get this all figured out and build a complete kit (like hydrolic clutch parts,adapter plate, starter block off plate, etc) where all we need to provide is the tranny you could make a ton of money. I am very interested in this and would like to see more become of it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts