SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're having an argument at work here at Verizon Wireless.
This old lady started talking about a guy speeding on the highway and she said thats why there are so many accidents and innocent people dying. I rebuttaled with "its not speed that causes most accidents its people who cant drive!" She got all upset and now its on like "Donkey Kong" up in here. I can drive 100MPH and be fine. I know what Im doing. I know my car. Most accidents happen when dumb motherF*ckers run red lights, drive drunk, or change the position of their seat while driving. And speeders usually kill THEMSELVES when they do wreck. I bet speeding is low on the Auto Death Toll.
Cell phones are probly # 1. Hell, old people cause accidents by going slow and forcing people to go around. I think Im going to race her when we get off in 10 minutes. She'll love the sound of my busted flexpipe!
( he he he )

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I agree with you. If the driver knows what he is doing, paying attention and driving fast, that is WHOLE lot safer than some dumb **** drivers who get drink n drive, drive sloppy/careless, and those who drive through Red light. I almost f**kin got big accident on a state road 4way intersection because this f**k head was travelling fast and drove right through the red light about the time when I was ready to take off for green light! I was glad I watched before I took off cauze otherwise I could've gotten killed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You guys are right, all these crazy drivers on the street don't know what they are doing. Specially the old people, I think they should ban them from driving after age 70. I hate to say it but most of the time, it's women that drive nuts too, they really give women in general a bad rep.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for agreeing!
Of course there are two sides of the arguement but my scale tips more to what I mentioned earlier.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old people with bad judgement making left turns in front of other drivers suck. I had an accident like that on fri.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You hit on something without realising it. You can control what you do, but not what other drivers do. Case in point:

I was doing 90 in the diamond lane and decided to move over and let some guy doing 100 pass. Even tho my blinker was on and I was about 3/4 of the way into the far left lane, some prick in a raised Bronco going about 20mph slower moves into the lane and cuts me off. To avoid him I had to stand on the breaks and move partly back into the diamond lane. So I almost rear end the Bronco, and simultaneously almost get hit from behind by the guy doing 100 mph. Speed had nothing to do with it. Like they say, if speed kills the Autobahn would be a slaughterhouse every day.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Like they say, if speed kills the Autobahn would be a slaughterhouse every day. [/B]</font>
I like that.
Good to hear you survived that ordeal. One time I was barreling to this restaurant with my wife in my ol' 91 CRX Si and all the sudden this limo Im passing starts getting over!! I swerve in the emergency lane thinking Im safe but little did I know good ol' "BoBs Barricades" were
Standing there as well. I took out 5 barricades like a bowling ball and gashed my drivers door to hell. By the time I finished thanking my guardian angels, the limo had swerved of an exit. I felt like hunting the mutha* down but I didnt.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Connecting to host::receiving information::RANT ON...From what I have read/heard from people I trust, the Autobahn (and Europe in general) is much more accident free than the States. Why? Because European drivers PFA, which as we all know stands for Pay ****ing Attention. You don't see the driving while talking on the phone/doing hair/makeup/using laptop/reading a map/or any of the other stupid **** that people here do while driving. Can you tell that this stuff annoys me? I even wait for a red light to play with the A/C and radio most of the time, although I am guilty once in a while. I almost wish that more people enjoyed driving, then they might not try to do four other things while they are doing fifty in the fast lane...Disconnecting::RANT OFF

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
the #1 cause is cellphones. i did a report on it at school. did you know the risk of crashing when driving drunk is the same as crashing when talking and driving?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From what I have read/heard from people I trust, the Autobahn (and Europe in general) is much more accident free than the States. Why? Because European drivers PFA, which as we all know stands for Pay ****ing Attention. </font>
They are also more courteous. If you're going faster, they will get out of your way. Would that be nice on our highways!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I agree with you guys, but what gets me too is how EVERYBODY is a good driver and knows what they're doing. Im not flaming anybody here, so dont get the wrong idea. Honestly, ask any person, ANY, if they're a *good* driver and they will look at you as if to say "duh, isnt it obvious?" And of course, any accident they are involved in wouldnt be their fault, would it
I mean really, what defines a *good* driver? Fact of the matter is, most people dont know a thing about vehicle dynamics, and faced with a situation that could lead to an accident, they would either A) wouldnt know how to react to avoid it, and crash, or B) would over react so violently they would make matters worse, and crash.

So, am I the only person who has ever observed this? Maybe we should let these people crash and die, thereby raising the intelligence level of the American gene pool.

-jason

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:

So, am I the only person who has ever observed this? Maybe we should let these people crash and die, thereby raising the intelligence level of the American gene pool.

-jason
</font>
YOU ARE A TRIP! Lets get them all together and let them get airbag burns, and seat belt rash!! .......I know I dont have control over other peoples reactions to get in my lane or control over my tires exploding, but I know which way to swerve and when to pump my breaks. And god knows how many times I have had to acclerate real hard to get out of being in an accident. but....GOD BLESS EVERYBODY!!

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to admit this is a sensitive issue for me. I have to drive 69 miles round trip on the freeway every day. I think U.S. drivers generally have no common sense. They tailgait, make unsafe lane changes, and don't seem smart enough to understand how important it is to PAY ATTENTION.
I don't know if I am a good driver, but I am better than average. Like everyone I have made stupid mistakes at one time or another. However, I am very careful with my driving and tend to keep them to a minimum. While I haven't had any accidents at all, I'm not so arrogant to think I can't have one that is my fault. If anything I'm constantly aware of situations where an accident would be held against me. I think that helps me to be a better than average driver. Speed does not kill. A lack of common sense DOES!!!!

[This message has been edited by AZ 2K SE (edited 07-16-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i completely agree, but one problem, in most cars in other countries are made to handle better at higher speeds(lack of speed limits) but here we just get the junk suspension so in most cars you cant safely go over 80, good driver or not.

this morning while taking my daily comute, some lady talk to her friend on the phone ran me off the road. she probably didnt even realize it. if i wasnt paying attention, the could have been a very big accident, people also like to drive right on my ass.

about old people, they do get in less accidents, but ive seen a lot caused by them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think drivers license courses should have some unsafe situations thrown in.
Its real easy to read it on paper but when it comes down to the ACTUAL situation, its a different story. And just think about it, on an actual driving test you just drive around and not even run into any crazy situations. Instead of saying "Driver Testing" on the sides of test cars, it should say "TRY ME" or something. Its so easy to get a license its pathetic, I think. TOO MUCH PAPER TIME AND NOT ENOUGH DRIVING TIME!!
I wish I had the power to make a Drivers Improvememt course everybody had to take.
I bet it would save alot of lives.
Also, these drivers books should empasize on using Common sense and lack thereof.
------Have a safe drive------

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 07-18-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts