SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I will soon be joining the realm of the NXen I had a quick question on the 93 NX2000.

On my SE-R(s) I didn't have a speed governor on the car stock, does the NX?

I wouldn't think so but I want to make sure :)

SAM

Hopin to be cruisin at 125 mph on the way to vegas hehee

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Hmm....I'm fairly sure that after 100 MPH or so the speedo doesn't read accuratly...and your speed IS limited to 125 no matter what your speedo reads....IIRC...Only JWT can remove your "speed limiter"

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Nope the 93 NX's didn't have the limiter at least David R's didn't have one. And i know my 94 se-r didn't have one stock. I don't think they started puttin those on till 95 or 96

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet!

Time to plan out the vegas trip :)

SAM

·
8,148 Posts
Dude, I think I hit an honest 162 thru Manhattan one day, on the FDR. Scary but true. If you know the FDR Drive you know you can hit at least 170 if you tried. Anyone else from NYC care to respond?

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i dont live in NYC, but i've done every bit of 125mph in the NX on interstate 581. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
162 on the fdr drive??? I mean I can go fast on there at night with no traffic, but to get to 162 you need some space... and the fdr drive is a bad road, so many holes and dips and ****... that sounds kinda high to me.... on a side topic, I just hit the speed limiter in my car on my way to stony brook the other day on the northern state parkeway (115)

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Most have stated the NX2000 will go 140+. My old '91 NX2000 was pushed to a claimed 143-145 MPH on the speedo. I did that a few times in it a few years ago. It is now owned by a fellow forum member and is at around 130,000 miles and I think he got it to go over 125 MPH a few weeks ago.

There is no actual speed limiter on the NX2000. From what I have been told, it will run until the engine can not push it any faster. What the top speed is ????.

There is an article I think on the Sentra Online Magazine regarding some guys who ran their modded NX2000 over 150 MPH in some hwy contest out on the west coast. This was a sanctioned race they were in so I would have to believe them. They were clocked doing 150 MPH and that was after they hit the brakes hard so they would not be forfeited out of their racing bracket.

·
Registered
521 Posts
what cars came with limitters what cars didn't, any one know. and does anyone know if a jdm pulsar gtir ecu has a limiter?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts