SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into the FAQ and the matience page with how to change the speedo cable was down.

Does anyone have the procedure for how to do this?

Or has anyone saved the web page with the procedure?

------------------
Do you have 5th gear probs in your SE-R?

http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 Classic SE-R Aztec Red

1991 Classic SE-R --Passed Away When Timing Chain Snapped 360,000 miles --

Valve went right through the piston CRY

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Ok if you look in your dash where the speedo and RPM guage is located, you will see 4 sets of screws. Unscrew those so you can pull the speedo and the rest of that stuff out its "all one piece". Now you will also need to remove the stearing wheel colum plastic piece as well. Once that is removed you should be able to slide it right out. Now when you pull it out look behind it and disconect any wires that are behind there, their should be like 3 if my memory is correct. Now you will see a long stem poking out, that is the speedo cable, it has two clips on it, unsnap those clips and pull it off. Ok now you can do it the easy way or the hard way. Your going to need some help, so see if you can find away to atatch the new one to the old one and pull it through or you might have to have a buddy work it through by hand while you look through the inside of the car and try to retrieve it, " thats why I did, and it took a min". Now once its through, attatch the one piece to the back of the speedo and clamp down the clips, then attach the other side to the tranny and your all set, just put it all back together.
Hope that helps you out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TalkingEAR:
I went into the FAQ and the matience page with how to change the speedo cable was down.

Does anyone have the procedure for how to do this?

Or has anyone saved the web page with the procedure?

</font>

------------------

http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
There's often dirt and grit on the top of the tranny.

When you unscrew the speedo cable from the tranny, be *really* careful not to drop any of it into the hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts