SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nism0 SE-R
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so i put a stage 2 clutch in tonight, and well we had to pull out the speedo cable to pull the tranny. now that the clutch is in, transmission is back in, and the car starts/runs fine...the speedo doesnt work. now this wouldnt be a problem if it werent for the fact that i drive fast w/ a working speedo...so i need to know exactly how much im going over the speed limit..so if anyone knows how to fix a speedo after a clutch swap..please lemme know!!

·
Her 1st track day in 2017
2,105 Posts
Make sure you have it installed correctly in the tranny first, but then it is possible you pulled it out of the back of the cluster. If it is in the tranny correctly (make sure the "tab" in right) then pull the cluster and check the cable into it.

Josh

·
Nism0 SE-R
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything appeared to be hooked into my cluster..so i guess i need to pull my cable back outta the transmission. i took advantage of pulling my cluster out, and replaced my gauge lights, so my gauges are now blue!

·
from beasty to a beauty
1,000 Posts
in fourth gear the speed and tach move just about the SAME. so you could always just drop it in fourth and see where the revvs go and make a speed decision based on that :D:D:D

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
happened to me too , do you use a mechanical speedo or an electrical speedo ?

If its mechanical then the cable may not be installed correctly in the speed sensor ... theres a little notch where the cable goes in to ... the cable can only go in correctly one way.

if you remove the cable and spin it counter clockwise the speedo needle should " jump " as you spin it .

if it doesnt " jump " it may not be connected at the gauge cluster

·
Nism0 SE-R
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i have a mechanical one. and i figured it was put in wrong. ill have to drive w/ no speedo till next weekend..we are gunna pull it back out and spin it to make sure its not disconnected somewhere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts