SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't really tell if the pedal is going all the way to the floor but it goes down a lot farther than it did before I disassembled all of the caliper assemblies to put Brake-quiet on the backs of the pads. It still stops really good when I step on it, but the rock solidness just isn't there with the engine running. However with the engine stopped I can make it rock solid if I pump it a couple of times...because the booster isn't running I assume.

I bled the brakes today with a power bleeder and I noticed that I wasn't getting much fluid out of the rear bleeder screws. I took the screws all the way out, and they aren't clogged...fluid started leaking out. I replaced them and continued bleeding and got some fluid but not much. In the front I noticed that I got a ton of bubbles and much more fluid (especially on the front left right under the master cylinder.)

Question: What techniques should I use the next time I bleed the brakes(is it possible to do it well alone)? And if my pedal is still spongy do you think it's a bad master cylinder? :( (It's been in there for almost 140,000miles)

Thanks.

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
i took off part of the caliper today to change the brake pads but i didnt disconnect any lines or anything but when i turned the car on my pedal became spongy.. i guess i have to bleed them even though i didnt disconnect any lines.. kinda sucks.... i cant do it alone

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was using a power bleeder and it still didn't get the job done. I'm gonna get to work on it again after spring break :rolleyes:

i hope nothing goes wrong in the mean-time. next time i bleed the brakes I will use a parter.

thanks.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I would con a friend into helping you bleed them more. If that doesn't work then its most likely the master cylinder going south. My se-r mc went out after I put nx brakes on over the summer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
I would con a friend into helping you bleed them more. If that doesn't work then its most likely the master cylinder going south. My se-r mc went out after I put nx brakes on over the summer.
yep that's the plan. nice nx btw. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts