SR20 Forum banner

How many are interested?

• I will put my money on these springs provided they are free of defects

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • disregard ( poll requires two options)

Votes: 5 16.1%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A really didnt want to be the one that made this as i am still a peon although Mr Crist could really use a headcount as well as us so we know where we stand.

ONLY post if you are willing to put down your money. i dont know how we can organize our funds when we get there ( if we get there ) but for now lets use a head count.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Thanks for starting the poll, why didn't I think of it! :confused:

I'm in daily contact with Rick, and he's dealing with Hyperco to get this done. We're hoping to have some more concrete information by the middle of next week.

Just remember everyone, only vote if you're serious, otherwise you're going to have a whole bunch of peope looking to kick your ass :D . And the springs will not be produced until all the money has been collected.

I've been holding off posting info about this to the other boards/forums and mailing lists because there are still too many unknowns, and that's probably one of the reasons I didn't make a poll (not to take anything away from you for starting it :) ). Maybe it's because I've seen so many group deals go south in the past. People are usually all gung-ho at the beginning, but when it comes time to write the check, they drop like flies.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone, and say a little prayer that Hyperco will make me a set of prototypes soon so I can check them out!!! My AGX's are on the way and I don't want them to be lonely!!!

Chris

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i promise i didnt mean to steal the stage, i sorta feel bad about it, but everyone was looking for numbers and i must say that i was curious myself. if we dont have at LEAST 25 people we dont get springs and we had no way of knowing. Im really hoping that a prototype set can be made and we can get some hotshot's endorsement so that people realize this is more than B.S. Im sure there are more people that would buy these if they knew about this deal or understood how badly they need these.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Originally posted by Black93
i promise i didnt mean to steal the stage, i sorta feel bad about it, but everyone was looking for numbers and i must say that i was curious myself.

Not at all, no harm, no foul.

if we dont have at LEAST 25 people we dont get springs and we had no way of knowing.

I'm sure we'll break that number with ease. Remember, this isn't the only SE-R place on the net. There's the national mailing list, the B15 forum, the northwest forum, theres the Serca California list (not sure what it's called). Then there's all the folks who work in, manage, or own shops. I'm trying to work out a way for them to be able to buy the springs in quantity so they can stock them in their stores.

Im really hoping that a prototype set can be made and we can get some hotshot's endorsement so that people realize this is more than B.S. Im sure there are more people that would buy these if they knew about this deal or understood how badly they need these.

True, we'll get the word out, and this poll can help. But until we have pricing and a delivery timeframe, the results should be taken with a grain of salt :)

Thanks,
Chris

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
If my 98 SE sells soon, I am in no problem. If it doesn't, then I may not have the funds due to the expense of the convention- two days drive there with hotels, hotel fees while I'm there, hotel fees on the way back, cost of the convention itself, etc. Unless Hyperco will trade me for the still-brand-new-in-the-box older-sytle B13 springs I have... :confused:

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
CharlieH98 said:
I'm in. Anybody want to buy a boat? :D

Cheers,
Charlie :)
Charlie,

Your sig shows you have a B14, these are for B13's only. You have one of them too?

Chris

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm in and have the cash. I ha to work a little OT to afford it, but $150 for 6 hours of work is worth it to get these springs. So basically they're going to be stock height so suspension travel will not be an issue. Obviously I need them for the NX when that whole issue is sorted out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.