SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering...this time I would like some suggestions from AUTOEXERS as far as what spring rates of GROUND CONTROLS I should get. I am planning on going with 300 lb. front/ 250 lb. rear. Appreciate the feedback,

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set)

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
Hey guys,

I was wondering...this time I would like some suggestions from AUTOEXERS as far as what spring rates of GROUND CONTROLS I should get. I am planning on going with 300 lb. front/ 250 lb. rear. Appreciate the feedback,

-saaby

</font>
300/250 is a good start. With the beam-axle suspension, you might try a bit higher rates in the back than 250. I'd go with 300/250 at first, though, to see how you liked it. You can always upgrade later -- the springs are cheap and it shouldn't be too hard to unload used Eibach ERS springs.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy

[This message has been edited by slowSER (edited 04-23-2001).]

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:

I am planning on going with 300 lb. front/ 250 lb. rear. Appreciate the feedback,
</font>
If it makes you feel more confident. I am planning on the same spring rates you are. This is my second season racing and the H&R springs I am using just aren't cutting it.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Registered
705 Posts
If your car is autoX only...you may as well go with 400/300...actually ive riden with that on the street, and its not toooo bad. If oyu like feelin the back end go around more go with a heavier spring in the back, if oyu think oyu can control it

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
496 Posts
You have the SE..in order to get it to turn..try an ST rear sway bar and get 325-350 front and 350-375 rears..it should be real tossable and not too uncomfortable on the street.

G

·
0 Posts
could you explain something for me? i know what spring rates are, but if you say 300/200, what does that FEEL like? what is a good rate for a daily driver/occasionalauto-x car?

i do take camping trips and load up the trunk, as well as road trips. i would like to eliminate the full trunk sag and get some spirited handling, but the ride is important too. currently in a SE (see screen name) with the stage 2 suspension. any help/thought/ideas w/b great.

TIA

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i know what spring rates are, but if you say 300/200, what does that FEEL like?</font>
I have decided to go with 350 front and 300 rear. I will tell you what that feels like when I have it installed. But unfortunately that won't be for a while since my struts are on backorder. As far as what it FEELS like, I would imagine it would be somewhat hard to explain for anyone. I think it all comes down to individual taste as far as what is bearable and the level of compromising comfort for performance. I think that 300/200 was suggested by Mike Kojima to be a good compromise for MOST people. Again, if you really want to know, your best bet is to test drive a car with those spring rates.

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set)

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 05-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 05-07-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts