SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or heard any info on Sprints springs for the 200SX SE-R? they have a 2 inch drop and was just wondering if there are any bottoming out issues associated with this brand. TIA!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Let me quote Kojima in all his greatness:

"Do you want to go fast or do you want to suck?"

2" is too low. I have the Eibach Sportlines which is a 1.8" drop. That is too low. I wouldn't recommend them. Get the Eibach Pro-kits.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
I've run the Sprint Springs on Both of my B14's. Very good springs..both times my cars were lowered evenly all the way around and the car rode pretty decent on the factory struts. The only reason im not running them now is because I went with the GC. If your not looking to spend the 400 on the GC but still want your car lowered at least 2 inches...Go with the Sprints. I actually still have the set from my 2nd car in the Garage. i know the 2 inch drop isn't as functional as a 1.8..but my GC are lowered almost all the way down and the car looks damn good in my opinon. By the way with lowering the car that far your going to need to get some type of camber/toe correction to keep your tires from wearing..I bought these bolts that replace the lower bolt that bolts the strut in place. After these bolts and a thrust alignment I haven't had any abnormal tire wear on either car. Car is a little bouncier now with my car that low. (especially since my factory struts are gone) but im installing some KYB GR2's tomorrow.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I have Sprints installed on my car paired up with KYB AGX. The ride isn't the best, i bottom out a lot, and bounce all over the road. The car looks cool, its lowered evenly, and Im young(so I don't mind the ride). The only way your gonna make the car look cool and still retain a good ride is to buy a coilover/shortened strut setup for thousands of dollars from a company like Motivational or Truechoice.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
I have the sprint/agx combo also. The ride is bearable but alot of bouncing around like any other lowering spring. If you want to lower the car go with the prokits cause 2" is really too much unless you are getting shortened struts but be prepared to pay big $ for those.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, AEBS Header, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts