SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my name is Ji i drive a white 95 200SX SE-R..i recently spun my 3rd rod bearing and there was slight crank damage, i replaced the bearing and have ben driving it for 1000 miles with no problems, but lately i have heard a rod knocking so thsi gives me a reason to go with the BB engine swap....i just wanted to know if you guys had any tips or info that you had learned afte rturboing your cars? i have all the info off SE-R.net and I've been talking to Zak Nilssen and Julian Hancock so I have a lot of info...but me being the worry wart i am i want to exhaust my research options before i embark on the engine swap. so any tips? anthing to look out for?

------------------
Jim
95 SE-R white
KYB AGX, Eibach Sportlines, Front and Rear BCG Strut Braces

·
_______
3,640 Posts
A good Idea if you do get a BB DET is to go with a front mount IC. You would need to fab up piping or have someone do it for you. It can be expencive to have it done so I figure its one of the most important things to consider. You also probably want to change out the bearings before the motor goes in the car. The JDM DET's have a history of going through bearings shortly after being installed. I'm sure Zak has already mentioned this.

I have a BB DET and made my own piping. I have some pics of it you can look at to get a idea of what involved.
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/New%20IC%20piping.html

------------------
Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/Page2.html

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
I would get a DE for cheap 250 - 350, then get a t28 off a gtir and some 370 injectors maybe a first Gen eclipse Intercooler and all the necessary hardware and make your own kit + u can use the stock fuel pump and MAF with no worry boosting 16
. It will be faster then the DET IMHO, and Im pretty sure you would be pretty happy. Check out Dougs 200sx Se-R at Sleepermotorsprot.com That car is real quick.
running High 12s

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
don't know mike.... your EGT's are really high in 5th with the Stock pump. it prob go over 900 deg if you let it. Then again maybe the Nissans pistons are stronger than DSM's? cause any thing over 900 you are going to start to have problems??? I could be wrong tho.

------------------

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yellow4g63:
don't know mike.... your EGT's are really high in 5th with the Stock pump. it prob go over 900 deg if you let it. Then again maybe the Nissans pistons are stronger than DSM's? cause any thing over 900 you are going to start to have problems??? I could be wrong tho.

</font>

Andy,

Be that as it may My turbo is a t3t04e as opposed to a t28, Im sure he shouldnt have any problems, but I would suggest some form of fuel managment E.G Apexi Super AFC

Mike Collins USN.

Turbo classic

·
Registered
441 Posts
A bluebird motor is a convenient option for a motor swap. It shares alot of the same characteristics/parts with the stock DE. But if you believe bigger is better, than the GTiR would be a good motor for 2x the price of a BB det. ($1,550 vs $3,200+). But consider the bigger injectors (440cc), bigger turbo (t28), lower compression (8.3:1),that nice top mount intercooler (bout 2x bigger than the tmic of the bb..I guess that's where most of the extra money goes to
), individual throttle body (i dunno about that one, jus seems cool) and last but not least it is rated at 230hp I believe to the wheels. You can modify the MAF sensor to a Cobra unit and turn up the wick to boost 16lbs safely and you're good for jus about 260 hp. I hope this helps. Here is a pic of that nice IC:

Front mount that MOFO!

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 02-07-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts