SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body know anything about what tranny to use in order to keep the stock transfer case for the 4wd. Can the bell housing of the stock tranny be used with an adapter plate. Any information on this swap will be helpful

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning on this swap before I do it. I think it would be wise to get a truck with a KA24 in it so that wiring and other components will match up for ease.
However, w/ what you said, I should be able to use a tranny and transfer case out of a V-6 truck with an adapter plate.

·
Registered
91 Posts
here's what you do:
*get a ka24 4wd truck first
*pull out the stock engine, wire harness, ecu, trans, transfer case, and drive shaft
*take the sr bell housing off the sr transmission
*take the ka bell housing off the ka transmission
*put the sr bell housing on the ka transmission (it will bot up)
*put the ka transmission (now with sr bell housing) on the sr engine
*run the sr wire harness through the fire wall
*pound back the section of the firewall where the starter will be (about 4 inches for good clearance)
*drop the sr engine/ka transmission combo into the truck
*put up the stock transfer case and stock drive shaft
*connect the harness, ecu, etc, etc, etc and you got yourself a sr20det powered 4wd truck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I can put the transfer case on the sr20 bell housing. my planning is done. I just needed to know what I would run into with the 4wd. thanx

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
So the transfer case resides between the bellhousing and the transmisison? On my Jeep it was attached after the transmisison, I figured that would be a pretty standard setup.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
holy crap, that's pretty cool, so you could take that 4WD truck in the link and throw in an SR20DET and SR20 bell housing and call it a day.

·
working out the bugs!
262 Posts
ive seen a video of a guy that put a 4g63 in a mitsu mighty max 4x4 truck. it was fast as hell for a 4x4 truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts