SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
~DIM
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jgy sells a turbo kit for the SR (as im sure everyone knows) for a good price. how easy would it be to put that kit on the GA? i mean i know i would need a manifold and DP but what all in that kit would work with the GA?

·
Registered
515 Posts
No the turbo kit for the SR20 will only work for the sr20. there is a hotshot GA16 turbokit. I don't think that anyhting would work on the GA16. The rail may fit.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Right on, and JGY will sell you that one as well.

Brent

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
maxpower said:
fun. so you guy think the 370 will fit the ga16 rail?
Yes the injectors fit the GA rail but the SR and GA fuel rail's are not interchangable.

The HS kit is the best available. Otherwise you can use the Pro Tech Manifold for the QG18 and fab the rest yourself.

·
~DIM
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
golly i just love how a kit for the sr is about 1800 but you cant get the ga kit for under 3k.......... thats why i was wondering. thnx fellas

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
GoinSleeper said:
golly i just love how a kit for the sr is about 1800 but you cant get the ga kit for under 3k.......... thats why i was wondering. thnx fellas
Well the SR kit is a discounted OEM setup. No custom fabrication or engineering involved. Not nearly as involved as fabbing a custom setup for the GA. Compare the aftermarket kits for the SR and you will see the prices are the same.

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
Also as another alternative check out www.turbo-kits.com they have a ga16 turbo kit that uses a t-25. The brand is called tsi. The base kit goes for around 2000.00 and with a nice front mount, its like 2700.00.

Later,Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts