SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have an 89 hatch with an sr20det redtop, gt2817 turbo, 615cc injectors, z32maf, JWT ecu. The car has ran great ever since I built it, however yesterday I was driving along and it started cutting out every 10secs or so, then I came to a stopsign and it died and when I tried to restart it, it would start and idle really crappy for about 2 secs and die, if I tried to give it any throttle it would die instantly. So, I started unplugging sensors one at a time to see if I could get it running, When I unplugged the MAF I got it to run and drive enough to limp it home. When the engine running with the MAF unplugged there is a buzzing sound coming from the big white plastic wiring connector above the fusebox in the drivers kick panel, I can even feel it vibrating when I place my hand on it. Also the voltmeter is only reading 11.6v with the engine running.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? or ever experienced this before?
thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
try replacing the maf that would be my guess at first because u unpluged it and u got it to run but with it plugged up it wont run at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts