SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SR20 POWA
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got some cams in and want to know if there is a special procedure to install them...i know theres a jim wolf instructions on there site...should i go by using that??...should i remove the tensioner...i want to be on the safe side of things b4 i go with the install today...

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
look in the tech library, there are tons of writeup sfor cam install.. its the same as a de except there is a couple of extra parts to remove because of the vvl, but all the rest is the same

I personaly remove the tensioner

·
SR20DEEP N.Y.C.
2,037 Posts
look in the tech library, there are tons of writeup sfor cam install.. its the same as a de except there is a couple of extra parts to remove because of the vvl, but all the rest is the same

I personaly remove the tensioner
coupe of extra parts?????????? like what? i'll be doing this install soon, just curious

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
under the cam theres a bar that is part of the vvl activation... it unbolts normally afaik... however i havent done a cam install on a vvl but i spoke with Dre abut doing one

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Don't stress. The VE rockers are different, but you're not even taking them out, so there's really no difference. If you can do a DE cam swap, you can certainly do a VE cam swap.

C

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
The only difference I remember is that it looked like the old JWT 'wood block chain prop' would not work. i used bungee chords and zip ties for the chain. Also I could not get the 1" wrench on the cam because of the small lobe being too close. Lucky for me I had an extra set of cam gears so I swapped them over. I don't remember anything to loosen like civicdragon linked in the pic.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I did it on my SR20VE - like I said, it's no different than installing cams on a DE.

C

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Nope, I always zip tie them to the chain and take them off the chain.

C

·
SR20 POWA
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well the cams are sucessfully in..had a bit trouble seating the sr16 cams in but jus a lil twist and turn from the crank popped them in and took me about 2 hours to complete...

wats everyone popping the vvl on wit the cams..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts