SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vz-r owner
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
I have a JDM Nissan Pulsar Vz-r.

The headgasket is gone,losing compression into the radiator system.Hoses are under alot of pressure and coolant is leaking.
Now I was going to just get the head skimmed and replace the headgasket,then decided to have the head totally rebuilt and have all the necessary parts gotten from Gspec.VVL metal headgasket,intake and exhaust gaskets,valve cover,gaskets and grommets,revised timing timing chain kit and tensioner,dual valve springs etc.I also have N1 cams,N1 water pump,new Mitsuboshi Ribstar belts for SR16VE and NGK Iridium Max spark plugs but now I am thinking f%*k it,I might as well go all out and get the engine rebuilt and turboed.This is hopefully where you guys come in!
I wont be doing the work myself,it will be in the hands of professionals.My engine builder has never worked on a SR16VE before and only did a little research on what can be done with regards turboing my engine.He reckons he should use the bottom end of an SR20VE.I am not sold on this as I have seen the various examples of SR20VE heads mated with the Gti'r DET bottom ends and it seems to be the better option with the best results.Besides,it would be far easier for me to get a Gti-r bottom end here in Ireland than an SR20VE.
WHAT ARE YOUR OPINONS on the better bottom end and WHY and the best forged internals,conrods,turbo etc?
I will not be going cheap on this rebuild and understand its gonna cost many thousands of Euro's to do this right,I want a bullet-proof engine with usable power that can actually be put on the road.

Oh yes if anyone has any techical info,pictures or machining guidelines of how to mate the VE head and the Gti-r bottom end along with the oil line relocation that would be a great help!!!.
All advice and opinions welcome,need to get the RIGHT info for my engine builder!!!
Cheers guys:biggthump

·
Banned
609 Posts
if ur gona go forged internals...u might as well keep the same bottom end u have now. also whats ur power goals? . if its a 16ve motor in there then just change the crankshaft to a 2.0 crankshaft.(which will make the 16ve a 2.0) but the compression will be high but since ur goin forged internals u have and option to choose what compression u want. u can even use a regular de crank. they've been proven to be unbreakable! also keep in mind that the ve block has a very good oil pump and also has oil piston squirters.

·
Vz-r owner
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically I am looking for a reliable engine 300-400hpwith a turbo intercooler set-up with recirculated blow of valve,have the cash but not the technical know-how!
As I said I wont be doing any of the work,professional engine builders will be but they have no experience with these VE engines!
I have seen the SR22/3VE-T's out there,how can this be achieved,will a DET stroker kit work in the SR16VE block?
Apologies for my technical retardedness!

·
SE-R Abuser
789 Posts
TRY USING THE SEARCH BUTTON, everything your asking has been asked a million times!!!!!!

·
SE-R Abuser
789 Posts
hey no problem glad i could help :rofl:

·
Vz-r owner
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The build is most likely gonna be using a 2.2L stroker kit.HKS F-Con Pro V ecu.Engine build is gonna be around 5000 grand.This includes bore deck and hone,2.2lStroker kit(Wiesco pistons,eagle rods,ECC crank),cometic headgasket,engine gasket kit,new oil pump,new water pump,full gasket kit,ACL race bearings,ARP headstud kit,NGK Iridium Max spark plugs.Silkolene oil and filters for 4 changes!
labour equates to 1500 pounds,not too bad for removing,stripping,rebuiling and refitting of the engine!

·
Registered
130 Posts
have you considered the gearbox dude? the torque from a 2.2 VET is going to munch a stock box after a short period. SR16 turbo wont have lots of torque but will still has plenty of HP potential and lots of revs :cool:

·
Vz-r owner
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes Wez,I will be getting a new custom clutch to suit the power and also will be having the gearbox rebuilt with the appropriate gearset also to handle the torque!I realise this build is gonna cost alot of money but in Ireland now the Greens are in a coalition government here and because of this all high polluting cars including JDM cars are taxed up the Yin-Yang.Greens dont like pollution so are trying to discourage the use of modified cars here now!
Bumber eh!
I would prefer to spend my money shipping in a Silvia Spec R but would have to pay 30% of the price of the car in VRT tax,21%VAT and 13% import duty tax.And then I would have to pay road tax which used to be around 600euros for a 2litre say Silvia/Impreza or Evo but is now around 2000euros a year for road tax.
Unfortunately Ireland is no longer JDM car friendly,thats why I am going to modify what I have as best I can.:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts