SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what would be the HP and comp gain if this swap was done considering using the SR18 GT.S head on the SR20 10:1 block with the tubular exhaust manifold. the SR18 head shoud flow better?

·
I hurt tires
403 Posts
I've never heard of that combo done before. I'm not sure if the SR18 head flows better but it would cause the compression ratio to raise due to smaller combustion chambers(how much I don't know, maybe .5 a point). It's an interesting idea. I'd like to know what you find out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
sr20speed said:
I've never heard of that combo done before. I'm not sure if the SR18 head flows better but it would cause the compression ratio to raise due to smaller combustion chambers(how much I don't know, maybe .5 a point). It's an interesting idea. I'd like to know what you find out.

andreas miko has said that the sr18 head on a sr20 block would yield a 11:7:1 CR, or something of that sorts.

but it would get expensive to have to change out all the exhaust valves, seals, seats, etc.

but i suppose the only benifits of running the sr18 head would be the higher CR, and the ability to run any sr20 cam, aside from that wouldn't a sr20 be better?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2001SEdemBoobs said:
andreas miko has said that the sr18 head on a sr20 block would yield a 11:7:1 CR, or something of that sorts.
but it would get expensive to have to change out all the exhaust valves, seals, seats, etc.
but i suppose the only benifits of running the sr18 head would be the higher CR, and the ability to run any sr20 cam, aside from that wouldn't a sr20 be better?
Then wouldn't the higher CR be better and make more power than a normal SR20

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doesnt smaller ports generally support faster cylinder filling; according to the covering part of the end of the hose theory i.e. less volume but greater velocity? Which is more important on a NA car.

Doesnt the Sunny GTS or lucino 1.8ss make as much HP as the Sentra SE-R? Although i know the ecu and the intake cam on the 1.8 is a little more aggressive than the SE-R's couldnt the similarity in output be attributed to the head design?

Finaly, i have a B14 Nissan lucino 1.8ss which is sr18de powered and i seem to run just as fast as my SR20 powered friends (with intake and headers) even though my car is stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts