SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would be the better chasis to put a sr20de into the B13 or a B12? Is one easier to swap into than the other? Im talking about a GA16 powered B13 not an SE-R. Is there a significant weight difference? Give me your opinions please.
T.J.

·
Breakin necks 1 at a time
1,628 Posts
featherweight13 said:
youd have to do way too much to the suspension and chassis to make a b12 fun
Same thing I heard,plus I think you need new mounts and alot of other stuff.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, Im pretty sure that both cars would need to have mounts welded in. TO clarify Im talking about putting an SR in a base B13 or B13 chassis. I was unaware that the suspensions were that different between the B13 and B12. I did know that the B12 only came with rear drum brakes though :(

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
nx2thousand said:
well, Im pretty sure that both cars would need to have mounts welded in. TO clarify Im talking about putting an SR in a base B13 or B13 chassis. I was unaware that the suspensions were that different between the B13 and B12. I did know that the B12 only came with rear drum brakes though :(
You don't need to weld in new mounts in any b13 chasis to put in an SR20 motor. Read the GA16 -> SR20 swap I wrote in the tech forum.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow...I feel really stupid I must have read that swap write up at least 3 times and never noticed that by motor mount braket you didn't mean the actual mount.

This kinda makesme wonder though. How come more people don't swap SR's into old XE sentra's since they are so plentiful? I would think more people would replace there rusted out SE-Rs with clean B13's. Kinda like how the Honda guys are always putting B16's into DX and VX hatches, or whatever the models are for civics.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
The motor mounts would line up in a 89 or later B12 with the GA16E engine, but the wiring wouldn't be fun.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Ca series motor is the 'plug and play' upgrade motor for B12 not Sr. That being said the chassis are pretty similar, lots of hub, suspension, brake parts will cross over. The main difference being that the B12 is lighter and looser.

Several people on NPM board have dropped an SR into B12. They would share a lot of info willingly. I think using the SE-R cross-member and axles are the main thing. The mounts as I remember were close enough so its not apples and oranges.

·
since 2001
525 Posts
Bennitto Mallito said:
Ca series motor is the 'plug and play' upgrade motor for B12 not Sr. That being said the chassis are pretty similar, lots of hub, suspension, brake parts will cross over. The main difference being that the B12 is lighter and looser.

The mounts as I remember were close enough so its not apples and oranges.
The mounts were not close enough. In fact two of them need to be fabricated and welded in place. The other two mounts will need to have holes drilled through the frame and bolted in place with grade 8 bolts.

SENTRASER said:
The motor mounts would line up in a 89 or later B12 with the GA16E engine, but the wiring wouldn't be fun.
A Sr20 will not "line up" in an 89+ b12 either, I don't care what anyone says.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.