SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lost all sign of ignition on my car after installing a Nology ProFire coil. Engine started smoothly and ran for about 5 mins before I shut off the engine. Day after when I was gonna start engine , I had no ignition. Measured to find that the Nology coil is only 0.8 ohm while the stock is 1.5 ohm..

I've got Power FC, but I've connected the stock ECU and stock coil aswell as getting a new power transistor, still there's no life. I've tried a dwell/RPM tester on the coil (12v side) but there's no signal at all. I have 12v at the coil.

Anyone had the same problem or got any suggestion ?

Desperate as there's a trackday on upcoming monday ! :eek2:

Thanks in advance, all help appreciated.

Cheers,
Audun
[email protected]

·
d00t d00t
455 Posts
so you have power where? and where dont you have power? I think I can help you out i just need more details. My best guess is to throw that Nology piece of junk out and just leave the correct coil w/1.5 ohm resistance. You might have let too much amperage through when you had the car running with such little resistance and that can mess up solid state components. You may have a blown fuse or broken fusible link somewhere or maybe its just a short to ground before the coil, get out your DMM and have a ball! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts