SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's do this.

I'm stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY, and there's a little 1/8 mile drag strip just 15 minutes outside of post in Clarksville, TN. I'd like to meet any local SR20 owners/racers at the test&tune going on there on Sunday the 29th. Who's down?

The easiest way to get there would be to take I-24W from Nashville, turn S off of exit 4 (50 miles or so N of Nashville) and go down about 1 mile or so and turn right at Electronics Express (Needmore Rd). Take Needmore Rd until you see signs for GateWay Motor Drags. Shouldn't take more than 70 minutes from central Nashville.

If this is too inconvenient for anybody, I'm down with meeting up in Nashville as well, so long as somebody can direct me to a good dyno with some dudes that know what they're doing and will help tune. I need help from somebody that knows their ****, because I should be running way better than a 10.18 in the 1/8th.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I'm dynoing in Chattanooga next weekend, and I'm going to talk to them about a dyno day. I have been thinking about a spring picnic maybe next month.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Yep. Thomas Reynolds and I have already been talking about it.

·
Japanese Gigolo
343 Posts
white classic said:
Let's do this.

I'm stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY, and there's a little 1/8 mile drag strip just 15 minutes outside of post in Clarksville, TN. I'd like to meet any local SR20 owners/racers at the test&tune going on there on Sunday the 29th. Who's down?

The easiest way to get there would be to take I-24W from Nashville, turn S off of exit 4 (50 miles or so N of Nashville) and go down about 1 mile or so and turn right at Electronics Express (Needmore Rd). Take Needmore Rd until you see signs for GateWay Motor Drags. Shouldn't take more than 70 minutes from central Nashville.

If this is too inconvenient for anybody, I'm down with meeting up in Nashville as well, so long as somebody can direct me to a good dyno with some dudes that know what they're doing and will help tune. I need help from somebody that knows their ****, because I should be running way better than a 10.18 in the 1/8th.

Peace.
is this union hill? if so ill be there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Union hill isn't anywhere close to being 15mins away from Clarksville. I would be up for a meet though at some kind of track(not Union Hill).

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eric96ser said:
I'm dynoing in Chattanooga next weekend, and I'm going to talk to them about a dyno day. I have been thinking about a spring picnic maybe next month.
Damn, took you guys long enough to reply! But then once you did, you were in full force! How much does this place in Chatanooga charge for a dyno? The only place that I've been able to find near Nashville is this place in Smyrna, and they charge $75 for just finding your whp, and $115 or so to help you out with some tuning. Crazy prices! Does anyone else know of any dynos in the Nashville area that are reasonably priced? I heard they give free dyno pulls at the Diesel College, but I haven't been able to get ahold of them.

What is Sweat Fest II?

I have no idea what your Union Hill is. But I'd really like to meet my local SR20 community. Especially SERprise in WV and Eric96se-r. But it's gotta be pretty quick, like in a month or so, because I'm going to be gone for a month or so from mid-April to mid-May. I'd like to do a dyno before I get my Fuji header if it's reasonably priced, so all you locals hook me up with some dyno info and maybe we could do a meet and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
white classic said:
Damn, took you guys long enough to reply! But then once you did, you were in full force! How much does this place in Chatanooga charge for a dyno? The only place that I've been able to find near Nashville is this place in Smyrna, and they charge $75 for just finding your whp, and $115 or so to help you out with some tuning. Crazy prices! Does anyone else know of any dynos in the Nashville area that are reasonably priced? I heard they give free dyno pulls at the Diesel College, but I haven't been able to get ahold of them.

What is Sweat Fest II?

I have no idea what your Union Hill is. But I'd really like to meet my local SR20 community. Especially SERprise in WV and Eric96se-r. But it's gotta be pretty quick, like in a month or so, because I'm going to be gone for a month or so from mid-April to mid-May. I'd like to do a dyno before I get my Fuji header if it's reasonably priced, so all you locals hook me up with some dyno info and maybe we could do a meet and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
The dyno in Smyrna is owned by a friend of mine. More than likely the dyno day won't be until June, that's why its called Sweat Fest :) I would wait until you have the header before tuning. I found my car used different RPM shift points with the Fujitsubo vs the HS header. If all you have to change is the RPM points, we can easily knock those out in the 6 runs $75 gets you.

·
Japanese Gigolo
343 Posts
white classic said:
There is a nico meet on March 20 for a dyno meet in lexington, ky. http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=67129

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sir se-r said:
There is a nico meet on March 20 for a dyno meet in lexington, ky. http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=67129
Yeah, I want to go to this one, but I'm kinda torn between that and a local car show. I'll probably end up going. My SR20 community takes precedence over ricers and Mustang boys.

·
Japanese Gigolo
343 Posts
white classic said:
Yeah, I want to go to this one, but I'm kinda torn between that and a local car show. I'll probably end up going. My SR20 community takes precedence over ricers and Mustang boys.
well its gonna be a big meet in ky and only nissans. i would like to see a b13 with a ve out there ;) but go to which ever suits ya.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sir se-r said:
well its gonna be a big meet in ky and only nissans. i would like to see a b13 with a ve out there ;) but go to which ever suits ya.
I hope I have my Fuji header by then. Then I could justify throwing on my FPR for a dyno run. I'm thinking about getting a 3" cat-back and selling my 2.5". Think anyone there would be up for a cheap cat-back for a classic? At any rate, $40 is a great price for a dyno whether I have my header or not.

Yeah, I think I'm sold on the trip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is going to be more than Nissan's there but Nissan's will have a bigger presence. Some of the moderators have invited some of the local Louisville scene to join in. I know we have at least 60 people (maybe more) coming from Louisville alone with everthing from Evo,WRX's,300+hp SRT-4's, 600+hp Supra, Rx-7's. You name it, it will be there. I'd definatley say it would be worth the trip up to Lexington.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts