SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey i was looking through the internet and stubbled a cross the forum. I think its cool they other please in love with with engine. Ok down to business i got sr20de it came out of `91 g20 i've got i stript down to the block and head. The problem is i cant disside on the right intrnals. I was think about putting in Hks springs, cams, and sprokets, oh and of course race engineering pistons adn rings, the are located like 10 minute from my house. i dont know if the HKS stuff is good for that engine or what degree lift i should have on the cams. Please help

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since there have been no answers yet I'll just say a few things. First I am no expert, second do some searching (oh god I've become one of them ;) ) many of your answers depend on what you want the engine for. HKS makes high quality products for the SR20 engines, the specs on lift and duration, and will you need springs and retainers depends on power goals, and drivability needs. The compression of the pistons you drop into the engine depend on the turbo you plan to run and at what psi, is it an all out drag car low compression + max boost, or a track car, higher compression slightly less boost. Search the racing forums to find people who have built engines for the use you are thinking of, they will help you with the real specifics. Good luck, I have always wanted to tear down an engine and rebuild it. Maybe in a couple years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i plan on going with a 9:1 piston maybe in the future putting a turbo on it i am going to powder coat the engine a dark agent gray with a drak blue head cover

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
bishoptaner said:
thanks i plan on going with a 9:1 piston maybe in the future putting a turbo on it i am going to powder coat the engine a dark agent gray with a drak blue head cover
Before you decide on what mode to get, first have an idea as to what's out there and what you should/should do to the SR20DE.
That said:
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=24011
http://web.utk.edu/~cjohns32/camlist.htm
http://www.sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Start there, then make a list of the mods that will get you to the amount of hp/tq that you want. :D

·
So many cars, so little $
197 Posts
bishoptaner said:

Hey i was looking through the internet and stubbled a cross the forum. I think its cool they other please in love with with engine. Ok down to business i got sr20de it came out of `91 g20 i've got i stript down to the block and head. The problem is i cant disside on the right intrnals. I was think about putting in Hks springs, cams, and sprokets, oh and of course race engineering pistons adn rings, the are located like 10 minute from my house. i dont know if the HKS stuff is good for that engine or what degree lift i should have on the cams. Please help

hope you have a g20/sentra/nx to put the motor in. it won't work easily in a 240, since the motor is a fwd not rwd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts