SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sounds very exciting! It looks like the B15 platform will be going out with a bang:

In concert with the release of the newly announced 2005 Altima SE-R, Nissan will soon be previewing a limited production Nismo version of its pocket tuner Sentra SE-R. Aimed at young enthusiasts, it will be unveiled at the New York Auto Show (public viewing April 9-18, 2004)

"The SE-R badge has come to represent fast, affordable and fun to Nissan performance enthusiasts," said Mark McNabb, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division, Nissan North America, Inc. "With the import scene as vibrant as it is today, we feel we need to step up our performance with the popular Sentra SE-R."

The Nismo Sentra SE-R Spec-R, its full moniker, will feature a host of performance upgrades over the regular 175hp Spec-V. In place of the gutsy 2.5L "QR25DE" engine is the smaller, but more potent 2.0L "SR20VE" engine loved by enthusiasts. Tuned by Nismo, Nissan's in-house performance division, the Spec-R will produce 215hp from a variable valve lift technology similar to the Honda's VTEC engines. The power will be routed through a six-speed gearbox and mechanical limited slip differential. Nismo dampers and springs promise to give the car a lower stance and improve handling even more over the Spec-V.

1,500 lucky buyers will set themselves apart from regular Sentra owners with a unique front fascia, graphite-colored Nismo wheels, and a subtle Nismo badge on the trunk lid. Pricing has not yet been announced, but Nissan already offers some of the Spec-R's racing parts through its Nismo parts catalog for SE-R drivers wanting to get a jump on the competition.

"The Nismo SE-R Spec-R invokes such cars as the powerful Skyline GT-R," said McNabb. "The latest generation of car buyers is familiar with the potential of Nissan performance cars through video games, and they want more. We think high-revving buyers will be very pleased with our product."
Awesome! :eek:

2005 Nismo SE-R

·
Registered
257 Posts
No thanks,
I dont want NISMO all over my car.
I also will still be whipped up and down the street by umm lets see,
Subaru WRX in any form,
Lancer EVO
Neon Srt-4
and by 2005 probabally a large host of other rides.
Not to mention that my 94 willl probabally go nose to nose with it.
No doubt it will be at least 1000 pounds heavier with all the wing and trimming garbage all over it.
I am proud to own a classic,
I will drive it until it falls apart. ;)

·
Banned
505 Posts
i second that, not to mention with only 1500 being made itll probably be way too expensive for what it is.

also why is nissan just now bringing the ve over here??? and in such limited numbers...

i doubt it but maybe theyre gonna put the ve in the new sentras whenever they get a remodel

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Yeah, it is April 1st, isn't it. I like the idea of someday swapping a ve into my car. With all the information Dre and Mike K. are providing, by the time I would do it, all the kinks would be worked out.

They're not going to dump the qr25 for the ve, especially for a limited run of only 1500 cars.

Nismo badges = Large Red Target

Peace,
Mark

·
Registered
264 Posts
yeah, you guys really need to click the link next time, it goes right to Snopes.com ;)

Still... SR20VE in the states, dream of dreams for the all motor types.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Grab your torch and pitch fork! We me outside Jim's house in half an hour!

:D

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'LL BE THERE! VE's in America should be off-limits for April Fool's jokes. :mad:

If you're going to joke about it, at least make the car an SR20VET AWD.

Horus said:
Grab your torch and pitch fork! We me outside Jim's house in half an hour!

:D

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
:D if there was a 2d00r se-r with a ve i would be willin to part with 20k even if car looks like a bubble

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Okay, someone on a local board spotted this in a parking lot outside the Auto Show convention center:

They heard it drive off and said it sounded like a "race car." They were just some Supra guys trailering their cars to a dyno day, but they claimed it sounded like a VTEC winding up, only raspier.

Edit: Nissan has an official link now:

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/news/products/se-r/nismo/spec-r.shtml

If it doesn't work it means the server might be overloaded from excited enthusiasts. There's quite a buzz on the Spec-V boards.

·
Registered
150 Posts

i want those rims sooo bad for my b13... :(

man if this wasn't a joke i was gonna start savin for the DP ;)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.