SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently i built my SR20DE engine (N/A), and went to the dyna to get the # results of it with the dissapointment that i just made 146.85whp and 129 of torque.

Asking arround, many fellows have told me that those numbers are pretty low for the setup i have and that i should be getting arround 160whp.

I was wondering if any of you guys that already went thru this could help me out to determine what is affecting me.

I think im not getting all the power out from my cams, i think that the numbers i got were more because of my pistons that by my cams.

I have messured my cylinder pressure as well and have 2 different marks on 2 different work shops first i got 200psi per cylinder and next one marked 180psi per cylinder.

Here is my list of parts:

Headers SS autochrome 2.5"
Exhaust pipeline size 2.5"
High flow pre-silenciator 2.5"
Dynomax catback 2.25"
No catalizer
Nismo FPR running 40lbs of pressure.
Walbro fuel pump
JWT S4 CAMs (I got this set used, i just messured the lobe and it was 40mm)
CP 10.5.1 Pistons
Bearings ACL
Springs BC
Retainers BC
G20 ECU
333cc Injectors (VVL)
SAFC II

· Registered
1,595 Posts
What's up with the injectors? The maf is a lot bigger bottleneck than the injectors. The car can't be running right with the wrong injectors. Piggy back is what you do when there's no other choice. The fuel ratio is nice and straight except for the first 3000 rpm. Get a calum real time.

Why don't you put a turbo on it? I'm still confused why people try to make na power with a motor designed to be turbo'd.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically what you recommend is:
* Get real time ecu from Caulm
* Change the MAF for a 3" one and install a CAI on 3" as well.

I think that having the VVL injectors will help me with the fuel/air ratio and is helping me, do you think i should install the stock ones instead?

Can anyone tell me where can i get my ECU made it realtime, i have emailed calumsult about it with no response.
Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
What's up with the injectors? The maf is a lot bigger bottleneck than the injectors. The car can't be running right with the wrong injectors. Piggy back is what you do when there's no other choice. The fuel ratio is nice and straight except for the first 3000 rpm. Get a calum real time.

Why don't you put a turbo on it? I'm still confused why people try to make na power with a motor designed to be turbo'd.
wow tell more about that. What do you mean about motor designed to be turbo?
how much boost could a sr20de hold daily and be healthy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts