SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a NX2k, and was wondering what I would be running in the 1/4th, with a set up like this:

Headers
Exhaust
Intake
JWT 100 shot of nos with the upgraded injectors and the ecu.

Thanks. Boots

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Low 13's on street tires and should be in the 12's on slicks.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty quick. Would it be safe to be running the nitrous out of the blue like this? Can the engine handle it and all? I would be using this as my daily driver, but the nos would only by channeled in when racing. Boots

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I would make sure your engine is in good condition before strapping on a 100 shot of nitrous. Do a compression check and make sure all the vitals are good. Definitely make sure your fuel system is in TIP TOP shape.

With the 100 shot, some high octane (100 or higher) gas might help and be a safeguard. I would probably also run colder plugs too.

I have the JWT 50 shot now and it's pretty safe and a whole lotta fun. JWT's system is a really good dry system (most likely the best out there), but IMHO I'd say for maximum reliability, direct-port is the way to go. Especially when the nitrous shots get into the triple digits.

Good luck!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
And don't forget about your clutch. Nitrous will destroy a weak factory clutch with many miles on it, within a handful of 1/4 mile passes.
Nitrous is great, as I've been running mine for over a year (106 dragstrip passes) with no problems.
You just have to make sure that everything else is up to snuff. Nitrous will expose any weakness in your car.
However, there's lots of folks here running it now, who can be of help.
Just ask.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I should look into getting a turbo or something, then possibly NOS later on. How much would a fairly good turbo run me? How much could I pick one up used? Boots

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Turbo or nitrous, the advice given above still holds true for either modification: Make sure the other areas of the car can handle it before making the mod.
If not...you'll regret it later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts