SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago i noticed powersteering fluid on the driveway.opened the hood and saw some hoses covered in p/s fluid. on the way to parts store, my p/s started to make a sound like big foot was heard in the mountains . I bought more fluid and all the hoses I needed. Get home,replaced all hose on p/s. Turn on car and went for a drive. p/s noise went away but a new noise appears. At idle the car sounds fine. but when you get to 2000-4000 rpms i hear a light knocking noise. The knocking noise sounds like it's coming from the head but then it knocks all so at the bottom where the oil pan is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car has been parked for 3 days and now i see the crank seal leaking. If it has has a rod knock, I think i'm going give up on the car and sell it for whatever and start on my GSX project.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
To bleed the power steering simply jack the front of the car up, and turn the steering wheel lock to lock while someone watches the resviour and they should tell you when the bubbles stop coming out. Do this, and see if it helps!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I changed the oil. I used royal purple with lucas oil. I will have time this weekend to look for the problem. But i sure hope it's not the rod bearings because if it is the car will be sold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.