SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, here my little problem:

My car start very easy/well in the morning, or at any other day/night-time, AS LONG as the engine is cold . If I drive around 30 minutes/1 hour, and stop my engine afterwards, then I can't start it again, i have to wait around 1-2 hours before it starts again.
I mean that when it doesn't start anymore, i hear nothing happenging, well, all board-lights are ok, but when puting the key in last starting position, nothing, nada.

May it be the starter who needs to be repaired? And, does somebody has some pictures (real pics or drawings) of how to unmount the starter from a SR20DE?

Many thnx in advance,

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey im just gettig that problem too, except its more on and off it will start about 1/2 to 3/4 of the time i have tracked the problem to the solenoid or the spring/form that actuates the actual starter gear out onto the flywheel. so i am currently about to head out and get it priced out for a rebuild of ym starter cause i dont want to spen 300 bucks on a new starter.

·
8,148 Posts
Yeah, it is the starter. I will look up something for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you guys are talking about the starter, we're talking about the alternator aren't we???

(which is what i'm thinking it is)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
NX0000 said:
When you guys are talking about the starter, we're talking about the alternator aren't we???

(which is what i'm thinking it is)
No ur alternator is the generator that allows your car to run once it is started by the "starter".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thnx guys.... well, I'll first unmount that piece, and bring it to repair......

txnx: sorry, but i need the nx fixed within one week latest 2 weeks. As i'm from blegium I don't take the risk to wait for shipping ;) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts