SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
In comparison to the earlier SR20DEs, the RR SR20DE has:

1) Lighter counterweight.
2) Softer valvetrain.
3) Lower redline due to the softer valvetrain.
4) Oil seperator inside the motor instead of outside of it.

That is all I can think of right now.

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so correct me if i'm wrong, my car is a 93 NX but on the side of the driver's door it has the date 10/92 so is mine condidered a 92? and is mine the roller cam one that people put the 91 cam into?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
ChrisNX2000 said:
ok so correct me if i'm wrong, my car is a 93 NX but on the side of the driver's door it has the date 10/92 so is mine condidered a 92? and is mine the roller cam one that people put the 91 cam into?

No, your car is officially a '93. Every manufacturer produces its cars ahead of time. So your car is a '93 that was made in '92 (otherwise referred to as production of stock in anticipation of demand).

The RR SRs didn't arrive on our shores until '00. Your car has a high-port motor, which has the same cams as the '91. The high-port intake cam is sought after by those who own low-port motors (search for the difference between the two). They just call it a '91 because that's first year the high-ports came in the B13s (although the high-port motor was officially introduced in the G20 back in 1990).

High-ports lasted from 1990-1993, low-ports lasted from 1994-1999, and RR SRs lasted from '00-'02.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The RR in the G20 also have 5 more HP than the non-RR. Also on the G20s the ECU currently cannot be cracked which will cause issues if you are going turbo...

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
dsigns said:
The RR in the G20 also have 5 more HP than the non-RR. Also on the G20s the ECU currently cannot be cracked which will cause issues if you are going turbo...

The '00-'01 Sentra SEs had the RR too. And they have the same problem with the ECU as does the G20. Just passing out the info in case you didn't know.

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Isn't JWT working on a 2000 SR20DE ECU? :confused:

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
I've been hearing that for so long that I've come to the conclusion it's just a rumor.

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Harris said:
I've been hearing that for so long that I've come to the conclusion it's just a rumor.
Gotcha. I won't even bother emailing JWT to find out. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts