SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I do have several motors laying around in various states of repair, although I am not in a position to let any of them go at this time. The only one I might let go is the one in my street car, which has a pretty bad case of rod knock. I am not sure if you would be interested in that motor, and I will not be removing it until December. I would only want $100 for this motor, although I suspect the crankshaft has suffered some damage.

If you need a SR20DE motor right now, try getting one from an importer, I have had good luck with Lucky Star:

Lucky Star Japanese Auto Parts
416-240-8444
32 Ingram Drive,
North York, ON M6M 2L6

I beleive the current market value is $550 for a JDM SR20DE from them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey FastNX
Can you tell me if a crank, rods and pistons from a RWD SR20DET will fit the engine with rod knock? I have these from a previous project car. Block is pooched.
If yes then I'll take you up on the engine in your car. Getting it in December works for me as this is a spring install project.
Will you be providing the head as well. I ask this because I know the RWD head I have wont fit on a Sentra install.
Let me know and I'll PM you for further plans
Thanks
Adam

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
As far as I know, the RWD rotating assembly will fit in the FWD engine. The only thing I can see being a problem is the bolt pattern on the crankshaft. I know the rear wheel drive SR20s use a different clutch and flywheel than the front wheel drives, I'm not sure if it's just the clutch and flywheel, or if the crankshaft itself is different. Maybe ask the question in the technical section of the forum, I'm sure someone like Andreas Miko would know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts