SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Any idea if JWT could make my GA16 JWT ecu run a DE-T? I was looking at the manual and while the wires don't terminate in the same way, there almost all the same (as the se-r). If they could it would make the swap much easier! Any info. is appreciated.

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Yup $595. Its worth it tho. If you want to upgrade later(msd's,cobra maf,seperate race programs etc.) it cost $100 and they can mail you out the chip and you can replace it your self. The core for the chip is $200 or so but you get that refunded when you send the original back.

Mike

G

·
if i where you id save money and do a APexI Power FC for 900.. fully programable computer comes with preprogramed addresses

·
_______
3,640 Posts
How would that save money? You need dyno time to tune those and that cost money too. You also need to know a tun of **** about fuel and timing curvs witch isn't easy. If your a pro I'd say go for it but other wise go with the JWT unit.

Mike

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Hey giys, I was checking the diagram for my GA16 and it shows a wire for the knock sensor. Are there any other problems you can think of in making the 1.6 ECU work. I am willing to spend the $$$$ to swap the harness, but if the 1.6 can be made to work it will save major $$$ and time in the swap! BTW any tricks on getting through to Clark when you call JWT. I have only been able to get him twice in my callings.

TIA

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts