SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for blacktop sr owners (Completely stock top/bottom, stock ECU, topmount turbo, no recirc valve/bov)

I'm having issues getting the idle perfect on deceleration. It bogs out coming to a complete clutch in stop. (It will also bog out catching itself with a small 2k rev just sitting there which leads me to believe it's not the lack of recirc valve on stock ecu causing it.)

Starts up completely fine, drives fine, pulls fine, AFR running stable at 12.5:1 WOT, Fuel pressure is at 42psi with vaccum. It has brand new fuel pump, fuel pump tophat seal, FPR, o2 Sensor & the TPS set to .45

My next thought was faulty IACV or Coolant temp sensor?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I had the same problem I replaced the IAC Valve and reset the connector to the computer. After replacement of the valve you should unplugg the negative tip on the AC once then switch on the electric system 3 times with 5 seconds intervals in order to the computer to recognize the new valve. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
FYI,

After a year chasing this problem, countless new sensors & replacing half the engine bay, i finally fixed the issue.

My maf was too close to my turbo. Even though i thought it was more than far away, the 45deg bend stainless pipe i was using wasn't enough to avoid causing false air readings and sending the arfs all over the show on decell AND in the top end around 5,000rpm. I've since put in two 45 degree bends in my inlet pipe to avoid direct air turbulance hitting the maf sensor. Such a simple fix for such a stupid problem, both happy and upset that it never crossed my mind, but thought i'd comment it here for anyone else having the same issue that might come across this thread.

The photo i've attatched below is the test pipe i mocked up quickly to test what would happen if i put the maf sensor further away from the turbo, just to diagnose. I noticed the difference almost immediately, and have since fabbed up an inlet to suit!

Hood Vehicle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts